One of the most basic joys of My Tamagotchi Forever is watching your Tamagotchi grow and evolve into new forms. There’s something very satisfying about nurturing it and turning it from baby to toddler to teen to adult, as there is with any virtual pet game or app. However, this one has a leg up on many others simply because the Tamagtochis are so different, and let’s face it, so darn cute.
While evolution from one stage to another in My Tamagotchi is one of the biggest parts of the game, many players have questions about how to get them to evolve into a specific form, especially since more Tamagotchis have been added to the game since launch. As it turns out, there is a way to control which form you’ll receive in the next stage of evolution, and it all has to do with what you feed your pet at the previous stage.
Let’s break it all down, stage by stage in our My Tamagotchi Forever evolution guide.
There are currently three baby forms, and alas, since you don’t feed an egg, you don’t have any say over which baby you’ll get. Just make an offering to the RNG gods, we suppose.
Here are the three babies, each of which appear to have an equal chance at appearing:
Any toddler Tamagotchi can be evolved from any baby, which is one of the nicer aspects of the game. Again, what’s important is what you feed your baby Tamagotchi, as that determines the evolution into the toddler stage. It should take roughly four hours to grow a baby into a toddler.
- Hoshitchi – Feed your baby nothing (if you’re a jerk!), fruit or snacks
- Meganetchi – Feed your baby vegetables
- Mizutamatchi – Feed your baby seafood
- Puchitchi – Feed your baby sweets
There are currently six different teen forms in My Tamagotchi Forever after updates to the game made during the summer of 2018. Evolution from toddler to teen should take about 36 hours.
- Eriitchi – Feed your toddler sweets
- Haretchi – Feed your toddler seafood
- Hinatchi – Feed your toddler vegetables
- Mokokotchi – Feed your toddler snacks
- Nikatchi – Feed your toddler fruits
- Soyofuwatchi – Feed your toddler meats
It takes three days to evolve a teen Tamagotchi into an adult, giving you plenty of time to make sure you are feeding it the correct foods to get it to the stage you’d like to see.
- Chamametchi – Feed your teen a mix of seafood and fruit
- Gozarutchi – Special conditions; see below
- Kikitchi – Feed your teen a mix of fruits, especially bananas, and “healthy” veggies
- Kuchipatchi – Feed your teen mostly junk food
- Kuromametchi – Feed your teen a mix of meat and fruits
- Lovelitchi – Feed your teen a mix of sweets and meats
- Mametchi – Feed your teen a mix of seafood and meats
- Memetchi – Feed your teen a mix of snacks and fruits
- Neliatchi – Feed your teen a mix of snacks, especially french fries, and green vegetables
- Sebiretchi – Feed your teen a mix of fruits and snacks
How to evolve a teen Tamagotchi into Gozarutchi
The ninja-esque Gozarutchi is a cool-looking Tamagotchi that has also given players fits trying to evolve it. As it turns out, there are several ways to help ensure you evolve your teen into one, with the most important one first:
- Place the Training Course item in TamaTown. From all accounts, it is impossible to evolve a Gozarutchi without the Training Course.
- Feed your teen a mix of seafood and vegetables.
- Keep your teen’s energy in the green at all times.
This is perhaps the trickiest task you’ll have in My Tamagotchi Forever, so best of luck. And if you found this article useful, be sure to read our other guides, including our advanced tricks and tips on how to play for free.