Kleptocats 2 is nearing launch, and it’s come a long way in the past few months. Updates have smoothed your ability to obtain gems and new cats, making the game more rewarding. But the thing we all loved about the original Kleptocats, aside from the cute kitties, was the creepy secrets. Hyperbeard has added a safe that can reward you if you solve its tricky codes and enter the right passwords, as well as a purple ribbon for each room that does We-Know-Not-What.
You can find all the answers in-game on your own, but if you want to skip to the good stuff, here are all the safe codes available in-game at the time of this writing. Some of them have certain item requirements you’ll need before the code will work–you’ll get an error message if you try to use a code too soon.
- The master comes
- This is not real (Telephone required)
- He here (Newspaper required)
- 20-055 (Ticket and coffee cup required)
- Good boi (Missing poster required)
- nohope (Doormat required)
- Popocatepetl (Pink thing on patio required)
- (=OwO=) (Tamagotchi required)
- dr.cats (ID required)
The purple ribbons are trickier to solve on your own, but if you shortcut to the end you don’t need to have all the required items to do them. All you need is the item that opens the menu for you to input the code, though the code will be hidden in other items you can acquire. There is a purple ribbon you can get in each room:
- Either use the Alchemy Pot or Cauldron to open a new menu
- Tap on items in the following order: Eyeballs, Claw, Mushroom, Yellow stone, Blue plant, Claw
- Open the menu by tapping the pink flowers on the bush on the Patio
- Tap the cats in this order: Purple, blue, green, pink, orange, green
- Tap the jar with the red crystals on it on the shelf in the shed to open the menu.
- Tap the crystals in the following order: Left, Up, Down, Down, Up, Left.
Again, it’s not known what the purple ribbons do aside from mark your cat book and give you a sense of completion. The safe codes at least reward gems, but you get neither gems nor coins from the ribbons. Future rooms will very likely also have their own purple ribbons to solve for.
If you’re still hungering for more secrets, that’s all you can solve for now. But keep an eye on the Hyperbeard Games Twitter account and the game’s store pages, as more codes will be dropped in these places for future gems. Once you use a code, you can’t get more gems. Otherwise, many of the game’s “secrets” are in the flavor text for each item. You can have fun trying to decipher all the different easter eggs and references for each piece of furniture as you collect them. Kleptocats 2 will surely have more to discover when it launches very soon.