So you’ve decided you want to be the boss in Like a Boss. Well, that’s a noble pursuit, I guess. As noble a pursuit as deciding you want to be the best bad guy ever can be. While the game is pretty simple, there are some hidden layers here you’re going to have to get to grips with if you want to get the most out of the experience. So we’ve put together some Like a Boss hints, tips and tricks for you.
We’ve put a good amount of time into the game, and we’ve managed to put together a guide that’s going to set you ahead of the pack. No, don’t worry, you can thank us by naming one of your kids after us. Or just by posting something in the comments. Either works, really.
- Complete the side quests – It’s a good idea to check out the optional quests on every level and get them done. You’ll get rubies for doing it, and it’s one of the few ways to get them without spending any money.
- Check your mail – You’ll often get money and gifts in the mail, so make sure you check it every time you load up the game. The more your hero is used by other players, the more rewards you’ll get.
- Use your quests – There’s plenty of rewards to be found by completing challenges, logging in every day and getting achievements. If there’s a notification mark on your quests tab, check it and see what you’ve won.
- Craft when you can – When you’ve got all the items you need to make a recipe, make sure you build it. It’s important to have the best gear if you want to stay ahead of the game’s difficulty curve.
- Go back, craft again – You’ll get new crafting materials the deeper you get into the game. Different materials will give your weapons different stats, so it’s important to build new things and see what you end up with.
- Sell what you don’t need – When you equip your new stuff, make sure you sell the old stuff. It’s a great way to get more coin, and it frees up space in your inventory for nothing.
- Make friends – Bringing friends along on missions is key to success. The more friends you have, the more money you’ll find every time you come back to the game.
- Join a guild – Joining a guild is another great way to get special rewards. You’ll be able to trade with guild members for crafting recipes as well.
- Double up – If you get a chance to watch a video when you get your rewards, it’s always worth doing it. Currency and items are sometimes a little hard to come by, so the more you fill your coffers the better.