NetEase is keen for you to embrace your Battle Royale/The Hunger Games style urges and that’s reflected in Knives Out. Playing a lot like Rules of Survival, it’s all about survival of the fittest, fastest, and sneakiest.
Gamezebo is here to help you figure out just how to survive as long as possible with its Knives Out Tips, Cheats and Strategies.
Know your Playstyle
- Surviving is the key to Knives Out, not being a hero. Rushing in straight away is generally a recipe for disaster. You want to take things slow. Each session has you up against 99 opponents and those odds are rough.
- You get the choice of where to land as you parachute in, and this comes with some risks.
- If you parachute into a town or city, you’ll be able to find a ton of loot. However, that’s what a lot of other players are going to be doing too.
- What you might want to consider doing is landing in a much quieter spot and then seeking out buildings after everyone has passed through. The issue there is that all the good stuff might have already been taken.
- Like a lot of Knives Out, it’s all about risk and reward.
- Crouching and crawling has its uses, much like running. Both crouching and crawling are quieter than sprinting but you’re a much easier target when you’re moving slowly.
- Be ready to creep up on enemies with crawl, before sprinting away if things go badly wrong for you.
- Ok, this is an unusual one for a mobile game but headphones are going to help you so much if you use them. A lot of your survival is going to be dependent on being able to hear your enemies coming towards you.
- A stealthy approach is best but only if you can hear approaches. Use headphones while you play and you’re going to have a substantial advantage against everyone else. Obviously, this isn’t so effective if you’re commuting while you’re playing, but it’s something to consider when at home.
- The best combination is headphones while working as part of a duo or squad. That way, you can also co-ordinate with your teammates via voice chat. Working together will help you do things like surround a building full of enemies, or simply sneak up on someone.
Consult the Minimap
The Minimap is there to give you insight into what’s going on. A green line shows you the fastest route to a safe zone, while red markers indicate from where you’re being shot at.
Keep an eye on it for these kind of insights. It’ll also show you where nearby buildings are.
- Loot has various uses. There’s a fair amount of ammo available but you don’t necessarily want everything. Instead, focus on using a specific weapon and store that particular ammo.
- Always collect backpacks and body armor. Body armor will save your life, while backpacks give you more storage space.
- The best kind of weapons are the ‘spray and pray’ kind. Aiming is tricky in the heat of battle so an assault rifle is a great help here.
- If you feel like it, switch out to a sniper rifle and be ready to keep away from your enemies. It’s all to do with how you approach conflict.
- Grenades are a huge, overpowered aid, but they’re tough to find. If you find one, save it for a really special occasion then go nuts.