Have you ever watched Battle Royale or The Hunger Games, and thought ‘yeah, I want to do that’? In a game, of course. That’s the thinking behind the rise of games like PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds and it’s an idea that’s extended to mobile games such as NetEase Games’s Rules of Survival.
Playing as one of 120 unarmed players with a sole aim to survive as long as possible, there’s a lot to learn if you want to outlast your opponents. Gamezebo’s Rules of Survival Tips, Cheats and Strategies is here to provide you with the stepping stones to a successful arena battle.
- Tweaking the controls is a good place to start with Rules of Survival. Dive into the settings. You can adjust the sensitivity of a lot of the controls. More importantly, you can turn on ‘double tap to turn around’ and this is a real timesaver.
- Don’t be afraid to poke around with the different control methods available to you. Each offers a slightly different play style and you might find one method more comfortable than another.
- Each session of the game starts with you being parachuted in to the unknown island where battle takes place. Actually deploying the parachute can be conducted automatically, saving you some precious time, but you can still choose where you’re going to land.
- As you’re falling, look around at your surroundings. Aim for somewhere that looks quite busy, such as a cluster of houses or an army base. Where buildings are also tends to be where items are, and these will make a huge difference to your chances of survival.
- Searching for equipment is vital if you want to last any length of time. Punching your opponents just isn’t going to cut it for long. Search any structure you come across, and hopefully you’ll find ammo, gear, and weaponry.
- Don’t bother picking up ammo that you can’t use. You’ve got limited space after all. Handguns might seem great initially but you really need something with a bit more punch like an assault rifle. Aiming can be tricky when under fire, so spraying bullets is a more effective method than precise aiming.
- While you’re searching, always remember to close any doors behind you. That way, you won’t be giving a heads up to your enemies that someone has been in this building. Stealth is as big a part of this game as fighting.
- You want to be careful with how you move around. Crucially, you don’t want to be too obvious when running across open land. Being able to duck or lie down and crawl can be a major boon when you’re in tall grass. Look ahead. See a building in the distance? Scan the horizon and make a run for it when it’s safe. Don’t forget to close the door behind you!
- Hunker down in the building for a bit while looking for items. This is a marathon not a sprint. Your chances of survival are better after the initial flurry of kills early on, as the number of opponents will be lower.
- Patience and being willing to camp out for a while is what’s going to help you survive the longest. Rushing around solves nothing.
- Rules of Survival offers a choice of different ways of playing. You can go it alone in Solo, work as part of a Duo or as part of a four man Squad.
- If you’re able to play together with some friends, you can’t beat Duo or Squad. Safety in numbers is a massive deal here, providing you can co-ordinate your efforts.
- If you’re playing amongst randoms though, don’t be afraid to give Solo a shot. The handy thing about being alone is you make less noise and you’re less noticeable on the whole. It’s easier to sneak around and be subtle until you strike out.