Lucky Kat Studios’ Beat Street is a throwback to the days of Streets of Rage, Double Dragon, and many more. If you played a lot of beat em ups in the 1990s, you’re going to like what you see here. It’s pretty good at teaching you the very basics of play, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t a few tricks to learn along the way.
We thought we’d help you out here with Gamezebo’s Beat Street Tips, Cheats and Strategies taking some of the blow and teaching you what to do.
- You need to pay attention to the game’s tutorials early on. Spread across a few missions, they’ll teach you about just what can be accomplished with single finger gameplay.
- Impressively, everything can be done with one single touch but some moves are going to take some practice. For instance, swiping then releasing then tapping isn’t as instinctive as it sounds. When the game leaves you to complete such actions, don’t rush into moving onto the next thing. Take the time to master it.
Surviving the Fight
- A lot of the time, simply punching and moving out the way quickly is all you’re going to need. Movement is done by dragging your finger around the screen. Ducking and diving is everything when you’re up against a group of enemies.
- Swoop in, tap a few times to punch your foe, then get out the way.
- At all times, avoid being trapped between two or more enemies. If there are blows coming at you on either side, it’s going to be impossible to avoid taking damage. It doesn’t take long for you to be knocked out.
- Smash up mailboxes and anything else you come across. Invariably, they’ll release a bunch of coins or sometimes a weapon. Weapons aren’t permanent but they do cause extra damage for a time.
- Save your special attack button for near the end of a level if possible. A flurry of combo punches is a huge help when fighting a boss. You don’t want to waste it on something puny.
Gaming the Game
- At the end of each level, you’re given some rewards along with the option to watch an advert to double your coin tally. Always watch the advert! It’s dull but coins aren’t as plentiful as you’d like them to be. It’ll really help you in your quest to level up.
- Don’t be afraid to replay earlier stages to gain extra stars. This is particularly helpful when you’ve levelled up a few times so the early stages are really easy.
- You’ll gradually earn keys as you play. These unlock special chests that offer gems, coins, and other bonuses. Don’t forget to check in once in a while.
- Each day, you can gain a log in bonus in the form of a chest. Log in whenever you get the chance, even if you won’t have time to play the game.
- Check out the daily quests for some easy ways to gain coins. Things like accruing combos, getting hit a certain number of times or defeating a set number of enemies all leads to easy coins.
Levelling up your characters can be time consuming. It’s expensive, using a mixture of character coins and regular coins to do so. Focus on upgrading your favorite character early on rather than spreading yourself too thinly.