Ensuring people like me feel old, the Assassin’s Creed franchise is celebrating its 10th anniversary. No, I don’t know where the time went. While console and PC gamers can enjoy the wonders of Assassin’s Creed Origins, mobile players get to try out The Tower Assassin’s Creed.
Ok, so it’s a themed version of a game you’ve probably played before but it’s done pretty well. Simply build the tallest tower possible then swipe your way down to collect some helix credits. Simple, huh? In case you need some more help, Gamezebo’s The Tower Assassin’s Creed Tips, Cheats and Strategies is on hand with some advice.
Timing is Everything
- The game is simple. A piece of the tower moves from left to right on screen. You tap the screen just when it’s over the existing piece below it, to hopefully line things up perfectly. If you mistime it, you lose a slice of the block and the tower gets smaller in size.
- It’s important to remember that there’s no time limit here. You can take as long as you need to time things just right. In fact, that’s useful when you’ve got out of the rhythm of things.
- Your goal is to get as high as possible, not to do so as quickly as possible!
- Rhythm is important. It’s possible to get the timing just right so that you instinctively hit the block perfectly every time. However, always be ready to slow up when you start slipping.
- The blocks sometimes come from the right as well as the left, so be ready to adapt at a moment’s notice.
- Don’t be too quick as if you place blocks perfectly a few times, you’re rewarded with a bunch of blocks being placed automatically for you. If you were mid tap then, you might have screwed up your placement straight afterwards.
How to use the Helix Credits
- Helix credits are the main currency in The Tower Assassin’s Creed. They help you buy boosters and new costumes.
- You earn them by diving off the tower at the end of your run. Swipe or drag your assassin around to collect all the Helix credits that are scattered liberally amongst your tower.
- You can then use these credits to buy some boosters to improve your odds for next time.
- 250 credits buys you a Headstart, giving you a decent sized tower to start you off.
- 100 credits buys a Slow Time booster which adds a button on the side of the screen allowing you to slow down time temporarily. The best time to do this is when your tower is particularly high or you’re running out of block space.
- 50 credits buys you a Helix magnet which means you automatically pull in all the credits at the end of a run. That makes it a great investment once you’ve perfected building quite substantial towers.
- Want to restart? 200 credits will get you an undo button. It’s expensive so you only really want to do this every once in a while, such as when things were going really well for you.
- The best way to use your credits though? Ok, what I mean is – the most fun way of using them. Unlock new Assassins. They’re not cheap costing between 1000 and 3000 credits, but it’s fun to see the different characters available from the past 10 years of the franchise.