How high can you jump is your lofty mission in Stack Jump. Coming from masters of addictive one tap style games, Voodoo, the game is simple yet really quite cute. It has you trying to jump your way up a tower of blocks while collecting points along the way and hopefully unlocking some new characters too.
With so many new characters to pursue, this felt like the ideal time for Gamezebo to throw a Stack Jump Tips, Cheats and Strategies at you, which is exactly what we’ve done. Enjoy bouncing!
Learning to Play
- Ok, the basics are, well, basic. Tap on the screen to jump just as the platform is coming near you. That way, you don’t get hit by the platform and the platform rests alongside the one underneath it. Easy, right?
- Thing is – the platforms move more quickly the higher you get. Timing becomes more instinctive than anything else. Be ready to jump as soon as you land. You’re going to have to be fast.
- In time, they’ll come from both directions too meaning you’re going to have to keep an eye on everything around you.
- Concentrate on what you’re doing. The slightest mistake can cost you dearly. Don’t be distracted.
- Ideally, you want to stack the platforms on top of each other. Each time you do this, you gain a score modifier simply for doing something perfectly. The more times you do this, the more points you gain.
- In particular, it’s pretty easy to do this early on so make sure you’re paying attention.
- Generally, you have to jump right as the platform is nearly on top of you. Practice really does make perfect.
Gaining New Characters
Stack Jump offers lots of characters to unlock. None of them will change anything mechanics wise, but they do change the look of the game. Plus, it’s fun to have something new to unlock!
Here’s how to unlock all the characters currently available:
- Teal Alien – unlocked after 3 games
- Blue Bird – unlocked after 25 games
- Yellow Chick – unlocked after 100 games
- The Owl – unlocked after 500 games
- Robot – play 2 days in a row
- Yellow Robot – play 4 days in a row
- Smiling Robot – play 7 days in a row
- Dracula – get 30 points in one game
- Frankenstein – get 100 points in one game
- The Mummy – get 250 points in one game
- Sword Knight – unlocked after completing level 2
- Axe Knight – unlocked after completing level 12
- Viking Warrior – unlocked after completing level 36
- Bok Choi – make 500 normal jumps
- Eggplant – make 2,500 normal jumps
- Tomato – make 10,000 normal jumps.
- Little Rascal’s Dog – make 250 perfect jumps
- Pig – make 1,000 perfect jumps
- Bear – make 5,000 perfect jumps
Basically, just keep playing the game and you’ll eventually unlock all the characters. Log in every day and play a few sessions and the first 7 characters will be easy enough to unlock.
Where things get trickier is when unlocking the ‘perfect jump’ characters and the ones that require reaching certain levels. Your best bet is to keep on practicing. Sometimes, you’re just going to feel in the zone and nail things perfectly. Other days, it’s going to feel harder.
Remember to mix up the characters though. It’s fun to have a different piece of scenery to negotiate!