Looking suspiciously like a free to play strategy game you’ve played before (hello, Game of War et al), you’d be forgiven for thinking you didn’t need some help when it comes to Game of Thrones: Conquest. You’d be wrong though. There are a few bits and pieces to learn about this game, and we’re keen to provide you with all the knowledge.
Gamezebo’s Game of Thrones: Conquest Tips, Cheats and Strategies will dish out some wise advice on how best to build your empire.
Follow the Main Questline
- Like with so many games of this ilk, it’s important to follow the main quests provided to you. Starting out, you’ll fly through them with simple objectives such as building a mill or training a few troops.
- It works as a form of tutorial but it also means you’ll be rewarded with a substantial number of resources and supplies along the way. It’s a great foundation for your impressive empire based plans.
- Don’t be afraid to skip ahead with them any time ‘free’ is displayed. That’s your path to speedy riches.
Resources are Valuable
- Through the main questline, you’ll be encouraged to focus on your resource gathering. You really, really should. Work on developing your farms and sawmills. Basically, everything comes down to having enough food and wood to produce it. Always upgrade both these buildings whenever you get the chance. Even after the quests stop suggesting it.
Form a Strong and Balanced Army
- Each of your training grounds provides a different kind of unit. If you’re like me, you’re going to think throwing a ton of infantry troops at everything will do the job. It won’t.
- You need a combination of basic infantry, cavalry, and ranged units. That way, your ranged units can work from the background while the others soak up the damage. It just makes more sense that way.
Check Out the Sidebar
- The sidebar is a new accompaniment for these kind of games. See a number displayed next to one of the icons? Hit it. It’s trying to tell you something.
- The first tab shows any idle builders you might have, working as a nudge for you to assign them to a task. Idle hands are pretty useless so you want to keep them busy!
- The second tab shows what your troops and training grounds are doing. Again, you want to be training soldiers at all times.
- The third tab shows any marches you have in progress – i.e. where your soldiers have been sent to slay a beast or two.
- Join an Allegiance. It’s Game of Thrones: Conquest’s form of guild or clan. You gain a 200 gold bonus just for joining one, plus you can help out your fellow allegiance mates while also receiving help from them too. It’s a win-win situation.
- Want to attack an opposing player? Wait until your peace shield drops. You get this at the start of the game and it gives you the perfect route to work on building up your defenses before being attacked regularly. Unfortunately, you’re only given 8 hours of peacetime so you want to work hard early on.
- When you do attack a player, scout them first so you can see what you’re up against. You’ll learn what their army is made up of, as well as how fortified their base is.
- Don’t waste premium coins on speeding up completions. They’re tricky to come by and this is a waste of your precious currency. Just be patient and start building things before you go offline for a while.
- Log in every day – there are rewarded to gain every time you log in. You know the score by now!