REKT! is kind of like a skateboarding car based racing game. That sounds weird but it really does work. It has you trying to kick flip a car and spin it in a variety of ways to gain points and accolade. It’s simply done but its one level will still entertain you for a while.
If you’re after some great advice on how best to succeed, you’ve come to the right place because Gamezebo’s REKT! Tips, Cheats and Strategies has plenty of them!
- Swiping to the left or right will cause you to spin, while swiping up or down makes you do a front or back flip. REKT! is as simple as that. Kind of.
- You can also brake by holding down on the screen and slowly coming to a stop. Plus, you can drift by holding to the side while driving at speed.
- It’s pretty intuitive stuff but it’s also very easy to overdo things. Practice is key.
- In particular, coming out of a spin or flip is tricky. You have to hold your finger to the screen to correct your car so it lands on its wheels. Otherwise, the trick won’t count and you won’t earn any points for it.
Know Your Objectives
- REKT! is pretty laid back. You can just spend your 1 minute of racing time to mess around and do whatever you want. Although, remember, you can collect extra time along the way.
- In fact, racking up a good high score will unlock new vehicles so you want to do this anyway sometimes.
- What’s most fun, however, is working towards completing the game’s objectives and feeling the rich sense of satisfaction as you clear them.
- The game eases you in gently with some tutorial missions that are basically teaching you how to play the game.
- As you progress though, things get trickier. You might find yourself having to drive through multiple gates in one combo, for instance, or completing two tricks in one leap.
- Another might have you tracking down special letters in a way that will instantly remind many players of the Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater games.
- Always try to complete at least one mission each time you play but ideally, you want to complete three at once. When you do that, you earn three times the reward as a form of congratulations for doing so well. Complete two missions in one run and you earn double.
- Each car feels different to the last. Be prepared to spend some time getting used to them. Also, don’t be surprised if you find yourself favoring one more than the other. Lean into that and enjoy what works for you.
- You can change the wheel rims but don’t expect this to change much more than the looks. Still, it’s a fun touch.
- Explore your surroundings. You’re only given one place to explore right now, but there’s a fair amount going on. Check out the trickier ramps that require you to work your way up them, kind of like you’re racing in a platform game. Think outside the box when you’re required to complete a particularly tricky leap.
- One fun thing is kind of Rocket League-esque – there’s a ball for you to toss around by racing at it. Enjoy trying to complete some tough tricks with it. Maybe try encouraging it through a loop?
- Pulled off a great stunt? You can share it via Everyplay and there are some pretty cool examples out there already.