Rolly Vortex is a game all about quick reflexes and reactions. Your sole aim is to roll past the various obstacles and survive as long as possible. It’s simple and to the point. It’s also oddly addictive and compelling.
Its simplicity doesn’t mean that there’s no need for any help along the way though. That’s where Gamezebo’s Rolly Vortex Tips, Cheats and Strategies enters the equation with a bevy of tricks on how to survive even longer than usual. We’re all too eager to help!
Speed is of the Essence
- Speed is everything in this game. The controls are easy – swipe or drag in the direction you need to go. The key is to do this quickly.
- Early on, you’re going to fail a lot. Starting out, you’ll have that urge to quit and not bother. Stick with it. It’s oddly compelling once you get the hang of things.
- Don’t play Rolly Vortex when you’re on your commute or easily distracted by what’s going on around you. You need to concentrate fully on what’s happening.
- Keep an eye on what’s ahead of you so you’re ready to react fast. Don’t get yourself stuck because you didn’t plan ahead. Move to get through a gap while ensuring it’s also putting you on a trajectory that’ll get you through the next gap ok.
- Learn the obstacles you’re contending with. At first, things might seem random but the shapes you’re dealing with are actually laid out in a similar manner (although thrown at you randomly). Each obstacle has a different best path to utilize. Practice really makes perfect here.
- Once you’re past about the 20 point margin, you’ve seen everything Rolly Vortex has to offer. That means from then onwards, it’s down to muscle memory and your ability to react fast. Go with the flow and keep on trying.
- Some obstacles are entirely stationary, meaning they’re pretty easy to dodge. Others, however, move at the same pace as you so you want to be ready to adapt at the last second. Keep a close eye on what they’re doing as you get nearer to them.
- Don’t leap about too fast or too wildly. A smooth arc as you move around is key to keep things steady and ensure you’re able to succeed for longer than most. Panicking really isn’t going to achieve anything here!
Gems are Useful. One Day.
- Often, you’ll come across gems scattered throughout the game. These will allow you to buy new balls. Except, weirdly, you can’t do that just yet. Still, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t pursue them right now. You can always stockpile what you collect.
- Having said that, don’t go for them if they’re going to put you in the path of danger. Right now – they’re solely there as a form of extra challenge. Aim for a good high score instead.
Lag Makes a Difference
- It’s a weird one for an iOS game, but lag does affect things in Rolly Vortex. Close some apps and maybe only play when you know you’re not going to be distracted by messages coming in. It really shouldn’t make a difference but guess what? It does a bit.