Ever wanted to collect a vast number of cars simply to gaze at and occasionally race? That’s kind of the thinking behind Top Drives – a form of collectible card game that’s all about building the perfect deck of racing cars. It’s for car enthusiasts of all kinds, enticing you into souping up a simple Ford Fiesta or Honda Prelude, as well as eventually owning a McLaren or Bugatti.
Gamezebo’s Top Drives Tips, Cheats and Strategies will enable you to be all the more successful in no time with some great advice on how to get ahead.
Building Your Collection
- Variety is good. Each set of challenges requires multiple different skills. Not every race needs an incredibly fast car. Some require cars that are great in the wet or off-road. Make sure you have a varied bunch of cars at your disposal, so they can tackle anything you throw at them.
- Keep an eye on what the weather is for each race, as well as the surface involved. Again, different cars react differently. Pick strategically. Rain, for instance, is going to require a car with high grip. Mixed or off-road really requires a 4WD car for you to stand any chance of winning.
- If you want to keep things simple – keep an eye on which stats are highlighted when you’re choosing which car to use. The box on the left tells you which type of stat is most important with the brightest stat being the most relevant. It’s a quick and easy way to use the best cars for your situation.
- Tap on any car in your garage and you can flip over its card to study more in-depth stats on its performance. Get to know your car and exactly what its strengths are.
- Don’t forget to upgrade your cars. This can make a huge difference to your chances of success when racing. You only have a fixed number of upgrades available to you so bear this in mind when you’re deciding whether to focus on power, handling, and so forth. Ideally, you want a mixture of both to be truly successful.
- Fuse cars together to max out their potential. You need to use donor cars that are the same tier or one below, but it can really improve your main car’s stats and potential. It’s a good way of using up cars that you wouldn’t bother racing with.
- Don’t worry about gaining all three stars when you first race. You can always go back to earn them again. The amount of stars you earn does determine how many bonus cards you can flip over at the end of the race though, so make sure you go back for more once you’ve upgraded a few times.
- You can watch adverts in exchange for free gold. It’s dull but an easy way to make some cash.
- There are regular free gifts too so keep an eye on all the timers to see when the next one is coming in.
- A mystery gift is given to you every 24 hours. It’s a car pack that rarely offers anything better than uncommon cards, but you can always use these to fuse to better cars. There’s rarely any waste here as you can always use them to help in some small way.