According to Noodlecake Studios’ The Human Age, traversing the various stages of humanity is a simple matter of swiping and matching. Each time you match up some identical parts of humanity, they combine to become the next stage of how we came to be where we are. It’s a simple concept, but one that can turn quite tricky.
That’s where Gamezebo’s The Human Age Tips, Cheats and Strategies enters the equation, giving you some key insight into how best to tackle the important process of getting from caveman to scholar.
- Always think one step ahead of yourself. The game is easy enough – swipe some people over to match up with others. But, it’s easy to get yourself trapped. You don’t want to end up in a position where there’s only one gap left as, usually, that’s going to be filled with something that doesn’t magically solve all your problems.
- You’re always informed as to what tile is going to appear and where. Plan accordingly. Where possible, you can line things up so that a series of combos are made in one fell swoop. That means more points for you and fewer turns that need to be made. It’s an all round very efficient way of doing things.
- Plan ahead with your moves and work out what you’re going to prioritize. Just want to clear the cavemen as much as possible? That’s ok, but focus on it. Don’t get distracted by also combining other types.
- It’s very easy to get tempted into doing a little bit of everything but The Human Age relies on you having razor sharp focus at all times.
- Remember that moving a tile over an incoming one will make the new tile not appear. Or at least that’s the case if there’s more than one spare square left on the board. If there’s only one square left, it’s going to spawn in that empty space. That might sound like an issue but sometimes, you can use that knowledge to your advantage. Think about it.
- There’s no rush as to how quickly you must make your moves so if you really want, spend some time looking all across the board. Think about each move.
- You don’t have to move tiles singularly. If two tiles match, you can move them together at once by swiping the one furthest away from the direction you want to take them. That method will push them both wherever you want them to go. It’s a great way of performing two actions with only one move.
- Sometimes, it’s more efficient to match 4 or more tiles at once. You only need three to create a new tile but matching 4 or more is a good way of clearing more space on the board. It’s a particularly great strategy when the board is getting cluttered.
- Always work on keeping the board as clear as possible. Things get tricky fast once the board is too full to cope. You need room to move around after all.
- Move the more advanced tiles, that are less likely to be matchable just yet, to the sides and the corners. That gives you more room to match up the lesser guys first.
The Little Details
- You can buy extra tiles with in-game coins if you get really desperate. It’s an expensive business and you really want to save the coins for other things, but it’s worth it if you’re in a bind.
- You can also watch a video ad to gain an alien move which will remove a tile from the board. It’s worth suffering the advert for this key advantage.
- Build new structures as soon as you can. Each time you create a new building, you gain an extra tile on the board. That extra space is crucial to your chances of success the more you play. It’ll make all the difference.
- Buildings also provide you with additional resources which will help you along the way.