Nexomon is a pretty slick game. It’s a lot like Pokemon, in that it’s almost exactly the same as Pokemon. But that doesn’t mean it doesn’t have a few of its own ideas, or that you shouldn’t be playing it right now. Because you should be.
But the game can be pretty daunting the first time you walk into its massive world. Don’t worry though, because we’ve put a good few hours into the game, and we’re here to make sure you know exactly what you’re going to have to do to get the best pocket-sized monsters.
In this guide we’ll walk you through all the tips and hints we’ve picked up along the way, as well as throwing some advanced strategies in your direction to make sure that you’re always going to be coming out on top when it comes to the fights you’re going to be leaping into.
- Build up your team – To begin with you should grab enough Nexomon to fill up your team. You’re going to have a good few empty spaces at the start of the game, so grabbing some new ones is a great idea.
- Think about balance – Different Nexomon are stronger or weaker against other types. So it’s a good idea to make sure you’re covering as many bases as possible in your roster. That way you should be able to deal with any threats that come your way.
- Don’t get into every fight – A lot of the battles in the game can be avoided. You don’t need to go into that long grass to get more Nexomon or XP if your roster is already full. Once you’ve got a decent team, focus on the story for a bit. You might get unskippable battles, but you don’t have to go looking for a fight all the time.
Hints and Tips
- Don’t waste your potions – While you can heal for free at every town in the game, when you’re out on the road you’re going to have to rely on your potions. This ties in with the last tip. Save your potions for when you need them, and make sure you’re not going into fights with low health.
- Talk to everyone – There’s a lot of knowledge to be sucked in in the world of Nexomon, so make sure you’re getting as much of it as possible. You’ll get clues about where to go next and what you’re supposed to be doing.
- Shuffle your team – Once you’re a bit deeper into the game don’t be afraid to shuffle your team around. You’re going to get tougher monsters, so benching characters who aren’t as strong is a good idea. Send them to your box at the training schools and you can always pick them up again later.
- What do you need? – It’s a good idea to make sure you know exactly what you need when you go into a shop. Gold is scarce-ish, so wasting it is a bad idea. If you need potions, stock up on them first. Then look to buy the traps and other items you need to move your quest forward.
- Don’t forget the freebies – You’ll often be given free stuff just for playing the game. Check back in often and make sure you’re not missing out on anything. It’s a good idea to do it before you go into the shop as well.
- Explore your surroundings – It’s always a good idea to make your way around the locations you find yourself in. If there’s something you can interact with a button will pop up in the bottom right of the screen. Don’t miss out on freebies because you’re too focused on your quest.