Toon Blast is the latest casual puzzle game from Peak Games. Kind of like the company’s earlier hit, Toy Blast, it’s all about matching up blocks in order to complete various objectives. It’s simple yet addictive stuff. If you’re just starting out, you might want some helpful advice on what to do.
That’s where Gamezebo’s Toon Blast Tips, Cheats and Strategies comes into play, offering up a bevy of useful tricks on how to succeed in this quirky world.
- Big combos are everything here. Sure, you can use a move to clear just a few tiles but how about setting things up so you can clear 8 or 9 tiles at once? That’s where the big points and the most efficient play lie!
- If you combine 5 tiles, you gain a rocket that can be unleashed to clear a row or column. Even better, if you combine 6 blocks, you can create a bomb that clears an area around it. Best of all is the disco ball which clears all of one color. This requires 9 or more matches. Always be working towards these special tiles.
- If you manage to combine the tiles so that two special tiles are next to each other, there are additional bonuses to be gained.
- Two bombs create a massive explosion, while two rockets allow you to clear two lines at once.
- Got two disco balls? You’re about to clear the entire board in one move. Well done!
- Work on reaching level 15 as soon as possible. You unlock the Star Chest by doing so. The Star Chest means every time you accumulate 20 stars, you gain a free chest containing coins and a booster or two.
- Bear in mind though – any stars you collected before level 15 don’t count towards the Star Chest.
- Aim for finishing level 20 too. Once you do so, you can create or join a team and work with other players to share free lives or coins. It’s worth doing, especially as lives vanish fast when things get tougher.
- Pay attention to your objective. Each level has a different objective such as clearing a certain number of one color or encouraging ducks to drop to the bottom of the screen. There’s nothing to be gained from wasting moves on something that doesn’t correlate to the objective so don’t do it.
- If you’ve got moves left over once you finish the objective, each move turns a random tile into a rocket. That’s a great way of earning tons of points at the end of a level.
Know Your Boosters
- Boosters are helpful additions to your skillset. Each offers a different effect that can help you clear the board.
- The hammer allows you to tap away one tile, which is handy if one tile is all that’s between you and your objective.
- The boxing glove clears a whole row of tiles, while the anvil does the same for a column.
- The dice shuffles the whole board, which can be useful if you’re in a bind.
- Boosters are rare to come by though, assuming you don’t want to pay real money to get ahead.
- Avoid using boosters unless you absolutely have to, such as when you’ve only got a couple of moves left and you’ve nearly finished the level. Typically, they’re given to you for free via Toon Chests or Star Chests and these aren’t hugely commonplace.