Silly Walks is, as you might be able to tell, a game about walking around in a silly manner. You’re controlling portions of food and you’ve got a number of challenges to try and finish off.
It’s fun, it’s simple to pick up and you’re going to have a smile on your face while you’re playing it. But that doesn’t mean that there aren’t challenges to face here. And some of them are going to be pretty tricky when you start off.
Which is why we’ve gone right ahead and written this excellent guide. We’re going to walk you — if you’ll excuse the pun — through the basics of the game, then make sure you’re fully armed and ready for the more difficult challenges it’s going to throw at you as you get deeper into it.
- Tap to move – When you tap the screen, your character is going to switch the leg it’s stood on. Because of the forever-rotating nature of the food, swapping legs will move you forward. It’s as simple as that.
- Take your time – For the most part you don’t need to rush things. Especially in the earlier levels, you should take some time to get used to how the game works and make sure you’re comfortable with the slightly weird movement style.
- Do as your told – Each level gives you a number of different challenges to complete. You can finish them all in a single run, so read what you’re supposed to do, then get out there and do it.
- Tap to go faster – When you’re faced with obstacles you need to get through quickly, you can tap the screen to run. So long as you start off in the right direction, the inherent rotation of your character will make sure that you spring through any trouble.
- Use your dash wisely – Later in the game you’re going to unlock the dash move. It’s a bit tricky to get to grips with at first, but it’s key to success in the more difficult levels you’re going to be faced with as you move deeper into the experience.
- You go the way you swipe – You don’t need to time your dash when your character is facing in the desired direction. Just swipe in the direction you want to move in and your hot dog or bowl of ramen is going to shoot off that way without a second thought.
Tips and Cheats
- Look for the stars – Your objectives are always clearly marked by stars. Sometimes you’re going have to move away from the obvious path to get them, but it’s always worth doing for the rewards you’ll receive. When you’ve collected or smashed enough of an item, the stars above them are going to disappear as well.
- Dash to smash – If there’s an obstacle blocking your path, there’s a pretty good chance you can smash it by using your dash move. That’s why it’s sensible not to waste your dash, especially if you haven’t paid for the unlimited dash IAP.
- How do I do that? – Some bosses you don’t have to defeat to get to the end of a level. But often they’re part of the challenges you need to finish. Look at what the boss is doing and figure out how you can take it down before you get to the cage at the end of the level.