Let’s not beat around the bush here, Miracle Merchant is pretty darn good. It’s a card game set in the same world as Card Crawl and Card Thief that sees you mixing together magical elixirs to help would-be adventurers on their quests.
But it’s not the easiest game to grasp, and there’s a chance you could be staring at it right now, scratching your head and trying to figure out the best move to make. Well, quit it, because here at Gamezebo we’re only too happy to share our wealth of knowledge with others.
In this Miracle Merchant guide, we’re going to walk you through the basics of the game, as well as shower you with the hints and tips we’ve picked up from the hours we’ve put into mixing potions. Plus we’ll toss in some advanced strategies just for good measure.
- Use the right ingredients – This is pretty self explanatory. You need to make sure you’re using at least one card in all the potions you make that the customer wants. If you don’t, then they won’t pay, or they’ll die, and it’ll be game over.
- Look for boosts – Every customer has a preferred ingredient too, and you’ll get more coins, or points, if you mix these in. Look for other boosts too, like marks on the cards you’re using that will give extra coin if you position them carefully.
- Learn to boot – Booting your customers is a good way to get some control back over your deck. But make sure you look at what the next customer coming in is going to want, otherwise you might end up in a worse predicament than you were in before.
- Watch the evil – When you boost evil cards, which you’ll sometimes do if they’re a preferred ingredient of one of your customers, they take your score down instead of up.
- Look at what you’ve made – There’s a list of all the potions you’ve created in the main menu. Sometimes the quests you’re given will involve making specific kinds of potions. So look at the list to see how you can go about that.
- Don’t jump too readily into daily mode – Learn the game before you hit the daily game. That’s going to give you the best chance to reach the top of the leaderboards. Miracle Merchant is about playing smart, not playing fast.
Cheats and Strategies
- Balance your attacks – Before you start mixing a potion, look at what you’ve got available in your deck, and look at what the next customer wants. Think about the various effects you can use, and whether or not you can safely dispose of evil cards this round.
- Go for the biggest score – Always try and make the most out of the cards you’re playing. Think about where you’re putting them, and how the effects on the card are going to change the cards around them. Think about what the customer is asking for, and what the best way to get them it is.
- Evil isn’t always bad – Just because you’ve got an evil card, doesn’t mean you should get rid of it straight away. Remember that some customers are looking for evil potions. You should get rid of the most powerful evil potions in the smartest way, but smaller ones can be used to your advantage to mix something that a customer is actually looking for.