Flippy Knife is a fun game of skill and timing, courtesy of Oleg Beresnev. it has you flicking a knife to hit various targets, or to simply work your way up a tower of walls. It’s the kind of game you can pick up and play, slowly mastering more about it as you go along.
If you want to be even more skilled at what’s going on, Gamezebo’s Flippy Knife Tips, Cheats and Strategies will help you gain the killer edge, ensuring your high scores will be soaring.
- Use the guiding line that appears when you’re aiming the knife. It’ll show you where the knife is going. Obviously, that’s helpful when dealing with Target mode, but it’s helpful for other modes too. In Combo mode, you can use it to learn how far to let the knife go up in the air for.
- Always aim to fill the combo bar at the top of the screen. When you fill it, you get a treasure chest that’s full of coins.
Which Mode to Focus On?
- When you’re starting out, focus on Combo or Target mode. Both will give you the skills that you’ll use in the trickier modes.
- Combo has you flicking the knife in the air, earning additional coins for flips, as well as one for a successful landing. Do this multiple times to earn combos.
- By playing it, you’ll learn how the weight of your blade affects things like trajectory.
- Target is good for learning how to aim properly. It’s also very easy to unlock the treasure chest, giving you an easy 45 coins. Stick with it for a while so you earn enough coins to unlock new weapons.
- Arcade mode is an endless room full of surfaces for your knife to land on.
- It’s a tricky mode as it requires you to adapt frequently to different heights and distances. Use a knife you’re comfortable with. One that you know how it reacts to certain scenarios. Don’t expect to succeed quickly.
- Climb is the hardest mode. You’re chasing a drone carrying a treasure chest. There’s no time limit but throwing back and forth between walls is tricky, and you’re going to have to be at your most confident with your blade.
Coins and Weapons
- Use coins to unlock new knives and other bladed weapons. Penknives, swords, axes, and butcher’s knives are just some of the options you can unlock.
- Each weapon has a different weight and number of coins you can earn per flip. Weight is crucial in helping you determine how to deal with the knife. Heavier weapons flip more slowly, meaning they’re easier to stick, but require a bit more aggressive flicking if you want to score multiple rotations.
- For that reason, heavy weapons are great for things like Target mode, but not so good for Combo mode where rotations are where the money is.
- As you unlock weapons that earn you more coins, focus on using these as their multiplier will make a substantial difference in your aim to unlock new weapons faster.
- Check out the Badges section. It’s a form of achievement system. Each time you unlock one, you earn a bunch of coins. Most badges can be quite easy to earn through regular play, and some simply require you to do something like visit the game on Instagram or Facebook.
- Learn which weapon is best for which task. Heavy weapons, for instance, are good for Target, while lighter/smaller knives are best for Climb or Arcade. They generally have more agility behind them than something hefty, giving you the chance to throw true.