Space Frontier is a neat little one-tap arcade game that sees you blasting rockets into space. It’s fun, it looks lovely, and if you’re the sort of person who gets caught in compulsion loops, this one is going to tangle you up for a good long while.
It’s not the most complex game out there, but that doesn’t mean that it doesn’t have its own twists and secrets. But don’t fret, because we’ve stuck our hands into the game, shook it around, and discovered everything you need to know to ensure you’re going to win this space race.
And if that wasn’t enough, we’ve got some super smart strategies that you need to know as well. Basically with this guide you’re going to be more Neil Armstrong and less another, not quite-so-famous astronaut. It’s all in a day’s work here at Gamezebo. And no, you don’t have to thank us.
- Tap and blast – The basic premise of the game involves tapping on the screen to jettison burned up fuel canisters. You need to tap before they’re used up, otherwise your rocket is going to explode.
- Get as high as you can – The aim of the game is to get as high as you can. The higher you get, the more coins you’ll earn. The more coins you earn, the quicker you can buy rocket upgrades that’ll take you even higher.
- Hit the green – You’ll see on each section of your rocket there’s a green bar. Tapping when you’re in the green section will give you a bigger boost, and get you higher. Tapping outside of the green section will still work, but you’re not going to gain the heights you need.
- Wait a little longer – The timing of the burns means that you’re going to have to wait a split second longer than you think to hit the green just right. If you’re only getting “good” burns, then you’re not doing it right. You want to be hitting at least “great” every time.
- Don’t forget the last part – The final chunk of your rocket is filled with fuel as well, so you’ll need to tap one last time. If you miss this then your rocket will explode and all the good work you’ve done on the other sections will be for nothing.
- Check your height – When you’re flying through the air you’ll often see another rocket shooting across the screen. This represents your high score, so you can see how close you are to beating it.
- Don’t waste your money – You can buy new shells for your rocket, but these are primarily aesthetic. It’s a better idea to save your coins to spend on adding extra sections to your rocket, since that’ll let you get higher.
- Watch the videos – You’ll be prompted every now and then to watch videos. These will earn you extra coins, so it’s well worth doing. The price of the upgrades goes up pretty steeply after a while, so getting coins for basically nothing is a really good idea.
- Keep plugging on – Even if your first few taps aren’t that great, it’s worth seeing every launch to the bitter end. The higher you get, the more coins you’re going to get, so aborting a launch early by not tapping might seem like a good idea, but you’re missing out on currency that’s going to be much more useful in the long run.