Idle Empires is a quirky and vibrant idle clicking title from Grumpy Rhino Games. Unlike other idle clickers, there’s a hint of a storyline thanks to your need to become the most successful yet power obsessed tyrant out there.
While the basics are pretty simple to learn, there’s a surprising amount of depth involved here. Gamezebo’s Idle Empires Tips, Cheats and Strategies will guide you through the paces, getting you to grips with what’s going on in no time at all.
The Big One
- Tap. Tap like crazy. Keep tapping. Especially early on, it’s a huge boon to your gold production. Even when things become more automated, it’s still worth backing things up by a few swift taps. Everything will go faster.
Knowing When to Upgrade
- Each time you’re presented with a building and a character working on said building, you need to know what to focus on when upgrading.
- Buildings can only be upgraded a few times, while people can be upgraded as much as you want them to be.
- Upgrade the worker with every chance you get, until the upgrade costs more than simply upgrading the building. Once that happens, focus on the building and then repeat until you’re able to move onto the next screen.
- Tempted to upgrade the worker a few times? You don’t really want to do this unless a mission will reward you for doing so. Check out the mission tab at the top of the screen and see what it says. If you’re going to be rewarded for boosting one of your people then go for it, otherwise it’s wasted time and money.
Keeping the People Happy
- You need to keep an eye on the revolt meter. It’s going to eventually hit maximum level, but you can do a few things to slow it down.
- Keep an eye out for opportunities to add to your maximum unrest. Various upgrades can be purchased along the way, so work on buying them whenever possible.
- Don’t use more troops than you need. They cost an increasing amount of unrest, so you want to conserve them when possible.
- Work on completing the missions and achievements available to you. They’ll permanently boost your maximum unrest level.
- When you have to reset the game and start over, you can use the alien currency to buy unrest modifiers to boost your unrest level. Work on a few of these.
- Resetting might seem counter intuitive but it gives you the chance to use the alien heads to boost things permanently.
- You can use them to unlock relics which provide you with a few benefits, as well as increase your troop strength, gold making powers, and your general health.
- Work on maintaining a balance. Don’t put all your skulls into one thing. Instead, keep everything flowing nicely for maximum success.
- Got some leftover alien skulls and the upgrades cost too much? Consider buying a chest and unlocking a relic. Every little helps after all!
Watch the Ads
- Fairly frequently, you’ll be asked to watch an ad in exchange for more gold. Do so. Sure, it’s dull, but it makes a big difference.
- Once a day, you can double your offline income by watching an ad. You really should do this. Ideally after you’ve not logged in all night meaning you’ll have plenty of profit to, well, profit from.