Spil Games’s Valerian: City of Alpha is the official game for Luc Besson’s movie, Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets. The game has you building and developing Alpha, a space metropolis within the universe of Valerian. There’s plenty to do here in this game focused on busywork, but it can be confusing to know where to start.
Gamezebo’s Valerian: City of Alpha Tips, Cheats and Strategies offers some advice on how to get to grips with ensuring that Alpha thrives in no time at all.
The Importance of Agents
- Your agents should always be kept busy doing things. During missions, they can find resources, boost your reputation, and even track down new blueprints for improving your ships.
- They can also recruit aliens while they explore, which will help your resource gathering massively. It’s good to work together, right?
- Check their Power Level and then assign them to a mission that has a matching Power Level. That way they’ll succeed in no time and bring back some neat stuff for you.
- You can hire epic or legendary agents but it’s going to cost you. It’s worth it, though, as you’ll see a huge boost to your Power Level.
- Also, the more agents you have, the more missions you can undertake and with a higher success rate.
- Look at their skillset too. Some agents will have more appropriate skills for a task than others.
- Equip them with some great gear to further enhance their abilities. Gear can be crafted in the Factory, providing you have the right resources to do so.
Crafting in the Factory
- Crafting requires blueprints that you find on missions.
- You then need to combine your resources and some cash to get to work, with an option to speed up a crafting job.
- Don’t bother speeding anything up unless you’re desperate. It’s a waste of resources and patience is a much better thing to utilize.
- Do work on getting some great gear arranged for your agents. It makes a big difference, working as a kind of circle of life by allowing your agents to accomplish more and thereby gain more resources.
- Work on developing an extra ship, as well. That way you can always be exploring, even when one is back at base and recharging.
The Hologrid and Production
- The Hologrid is used for generating and collecting resources. You need a variety of different alien pieces available to you, to make that possible.
- Keep them organized and running efficiently to ensure you get the most resources quickly.
- Some aliens need to be placed alongside other species so that they can produce special forms of resources. Learn what works best for each alien and react accordingly.
Developing a Reputation
- Building your reputation with different species is critical to your success. By being more liked, you can earn extra rewards each time you level up. It also allows you to put more of one species in habitats within the Hologrid.
- Missions are key to establishing a strong reputation. Consult each option given to you and pick the choice that sounds most like it’ll help you get on better with the aliens involved. It’s fairly straight forward stuff.
- When making a choice, often you can take advantage of a agent’s special ability. Do so whenever the opportunity arises.
- Complete plenty of missions to quickly boost your reputation. A happy relationship is a productive relationship after all.