Iron Blade is a game about cutting bad guys into chunks. But there’s a lot more to it than that. There are various currencies to understand, and a bunch of mechanics that you’re going to have to master if you want to be the finest Templar that ever cut a bloody swathe through a fantasy version of medieval Europe. Which I assume you do.
And that’s where this guide comes in. We’re going to walk you through the basics of Iron Blade, then show you all you need to know to make sure your character is always at the peak of his abilities. After all, there’s a lot to do in the game, and you’ll want to make doing it as easy as possible. If that wasn’t enough, we’ll also show you some advanced strategies that we’ve discovered during our time stabbing up peasants and noblemen alike. Basically, this guide is everything you need to become the greatest Iron Blade player that ever lived. No, don’t worry, you don’t have to thank us.
- Killing is key – Combat is the heart of the experience, so you’ll want to make sure you understand everything you can about it before you leap into the fray. There’s one very important thing you need to get your head round first though.
- Slash and parry – It’s no good charging into battles swinging your sword and not caring about defence. That’s the best way to get yourself killed. You need to try and parry every single attack that’s coming your way, otherwise it’s highly unlikely you’re going to succeed.
- That hurt – Remember that even a parried attack is going to do you some damage. Perfect parries will slow time for a while and do less harm to you, so try and get your timing right every time.
- Special moves – Don’t forget to use your special moves. They take a while to charge up, and they’re on a cycle basis rather than just allowing you to choose the one you want to use. Not only do they do a lot of damage, they’ll let you run through levels quicker and get three stars for your trouble.
- Keep it tough – They key to succeeding in the game is making sure all of your equipment is as tough as it can be. Upgrade whenever you get the chance, and don’t forget to use older items to buff up the new ones you’re equipping.
- Check the rewards – Sometimes it’s worth running levels multiple times to get all of the rewards on offer. This will set you in better stead for later levels when you’re going to need better gear just to be able to play.
- The best chests – To unlock the premium chests, the second best type of chest in the games, your best bet is to play through as many raids on other player’s bases as you can. This will up your XP but also get the tokens you need to spend on the special keys that unlock the chests.
- Play every day – If you don’t want to spend money, playing every day and getting the daily reward is the quickest way to get keys that unlock the best chests in the game.
- Don’t forget your base – Adding tougher characters to your base is a good idea. Don’t forget to collect the money you make from your fortress, and upgrade it when you’ve got cash to spare in order to earn more.
- Play the events – If you’re stuck on the campaign and you’ve run out of energy for raids on other players, jump into the events. These will give you different items depending what’s running, but the materials you receive will come in super handy.