It might seem strange that Terminator Genisys is getting a tie-in mobile game two years after the film came out, but here at Gamezebo we don’t like to judge. Well, we do in our reviews, but this isn’t a review, it’s a handy guide to the game.
In this article we’re going to walk you through the basics of the experience so you understand what you need to be doing. And we’ll show you some hints and tricks that we’ve picked up in the hours we’ve put into the game.
And if that wasn’t enough, we’ll also look at some advanced strategies that’ll ensure you’re the one pushing the nuclear button to destroy the world and bring about the rise of the machines. Because, let’s be honest, who doesn’t want to do that?
- Choose your side – There’s not that much difference between the two sides in the conflict. The units look different, as will the bases you’re building, but the actual game plays out in much the same way. You’re just picking whether you’re the good guys or the bad guys.
- Do what you’re told – There are recommended missions in the building log. These are the ones you should be focusing on. You’ll get rewards for completing them, and they’ll make sure that your base is heading in the right direction.
- Invade a lot – Sending out the troops you’ve built is an important part of the game. You might not have direct control of them, or be able to see them scrapping, but capturing resource points will get you plenty of goodies to use to strengthen and build your base.
Hints and Tips
- Make sure you research – Researching gets you more interesting and stronger troops. Check out the things you can spend your time looking into and dive in. The stronger your troops, the better chance you have of conquering and capturing resources.
- Claim your rewards – There are plenty of rewards to claim, and some of them are well hidden in the UI. Make sure you check everything with a notification dot next to it to ensure you’re getting everything you’re owed.
- Run the missions – The missions are time-based tasks that don’t require you to do anything. Set them going and when the counter has run down you’ll be given some goodies. It’s worth setting off a long one when you put the game down so you’ve got extras waiting for you next time you log in.
- Check your avatar – Tap on your character portrait and you’ll find some options you might have missed. These let you strengthen up your character to make them more effective. You’ll also be able to change your leader in there, depending on what you’ve unlocked.
- Spend your skill points – There are also skill points to spend in this menu. You’ll get these when you level up. Spend them wisely and you’ll find yourself getting stronger much quicker.
- Spend them all – There are two different sets of skill trees. One concerns your base, the other concerns combat. You get separate points for each of them, so don’t worry about spending all of the ones you’ve earned. You need to upgrade a skill fully to unlock the next tier of the trees.
- Join a clan – You’ll find you’ll get even more boosts and resources if you join a clan. It’s worth doing even if you’re not that interested in playing with others, as the bonuses you get will help you out in the long run.