Beauty and the Beast: Perfect Match is the latest title from Disney, incorporating the newly revitalized Beauty and the Beast license. It’s a Match-3 game with a few tricks up its sleeve to make sure it’s different from the many thousands of other games on the App Store and Google Play.
While you’re sure to understand the very basics of Beauty and the Beast: Perfect Match, there’s still plenty of things for you to learn. Gamezebo’s Beauty and the Beast: Perfect Match Tips, Cheats and Strategies is on hand to provide you with some wise advice for this tale as old as time.
Know the Basics
- Each level of Beauty and the Beast: Perfect Match has you working towards a set objective or two. The catch is that you only have a limited number of moves to do this.
- Make sure that every move counts! Trying to clear green gems? Don’t bother with other colors until you’ve exhausted all the green options.
- That doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t be planning a few moves ahead and trying to rack up a combo or two, but you want to remember that your focus is completing that objective.
- Unlike other Match-3 games, there’s no score chasing here. You simply want to meet those objectives.
- Finish a level with a few moves spare, and you gain more money to be used to buy furniture outside of the gem levels.
- Some levels are a matter of matching a set number of one color, while others have you dropping books to the bottom of the screen. Know your objective and stick with it.
Not All Gems are Equal
- Keep an eye out for creating special gems. You can create a special gem that clears a whole line by matching four gems together.
- You can create an explosive one through matching 5 gems in a T or L shape.
- Combine the two and you clear an even more significant area. Always work on using these wherever possible.
- Special, swirly rainbow gems will clear all of the gems of the color you match it with, making it even more useful.
- On a less positive note, look out for gems trapped within glass. These have to be matched in order to smash the glass, but you can’t swipe trapped gems before then.
- You can buy power-ups to make things easier too, but you want to avoid spending real money. The game isn’t bad at offering freebies at regular points, so stick with those.
The Importance of Coins
- Coins are used to buy furniture in Belle’s castle. You gain bonus coins for building up your moves and combo score in a level, such as by linking together matches multiple times.
- Leftover moves also convert to coins so try to be efficient at all times.
- Coins buy furniture for your home. It’s simple stuff. You just decorate your home how you want, and depending on your income.
- The key here is that by adding furniture, you gain beauty points. Gain enough beauty points and you’re given a star which is the game’s way of levelling up.
- Each time you gain a star, you unlock some bonuses like coins and power-ups. You also unlock new characters and new rooms in the castle that work as a form of level structure for the rest of the experience.
- What does all this mean? You want to really focus on placing new furniture down! It makes a difference to what you can do in the game overall.