War of Crown is an intriguing, well balanced SRPG from Gamevil. It’s not been out for very long, and I bet you want to get the most out of the game. By that I of course mean you want to show all of your friends that you’re the best at it. Don’t worry, it’s only natural.
And that’s where we come in. We’ve put a good few hours into the game, and we’ve got a pretty decent understanding of what you need to be doing to winning as many battles as possible. Don’t fret, we’re not going to use these skills to humiliate you, we’re all about sharing the love. And the knowledge.
In this guide we’ll walk you through the basics of the game, as well as making sure you understand some of the more complex aspects of the adventure. We’ll tell you how to turn battles to your advantage as well. It’s just the sort of people we are. Kind and helpful. Especially when it comes to fighting monsters.
- Know your enemy – Knowing who or what you’re fighting is key to taking them down successfully. There are a few ways you can do this, but the simplest is to look at the arrow above their head when you’re targeting them.
- Check the arrow – If the arrow is green then you’ve got an elemental or positional advantage. If it’s orange then you’re on a level footing. If it’s red then you’re going to be at a disadvantage. And that simply won’t do.
- Take a step back – If you get up to a foe and you’re not going to do much damage, tap the cross and take a step back. That way you leave the enemy open up for an attack by another member of your team, and you can use the talents of this fighter where they’re going to do more good.
- Don’t forget to equip – You’ll receive a lot of items as you play. Both from defeated foes and from quest rewards. Make sure you equip them to your heroes to give them the boosts they need.
- Level up – The podgy little characters you’ll sometimes receive are essentially meat for the grinder that increases your character’s stats. Combine them with some gold to toughen up your fighters.
- Check your mailbox – Quite often your mailbox is going to be full of gifts and rewards that you haven’t been notified about. Make sure you collect these whenever you can, they’ll come in very handy when you start facing off against tougher enemies.
Hints and Tricks
- Check your quests and achievements – The same goes for your quests and achievements. If there’s an icon next to any symbol on the home page then there’s a good bet you’ve got some goodies waiting for you in there.
- Check the list – When you’re choosing a friend to take into battle, make sure you have a look down the list. Sometimes you’ll find a stronger associate further down. Trust me, they can come in very handy.
- What’s the damage? – Sometimes it’s worth throwing in a more powerful move if it’s going to take out a foe. Remember these are on recharge cycles though, so don’t waste them when a monster has already taken a lot of damage. Look at the damage details in the bottom right corner when you’re selecting a hit and you’ll get all the information you need.