City Mania is the latest city building game from Gameloft, and it’s keen to have you build the most amazing city you’ve ever seen. Whether or not you’ll succeed is down to how much time you have spare, as well as if you know how best to build.
We can’t provide you with more time in your day, but Gamezebo is here with its City Mania Tips, Cheats and Strategies to help you work your way more efficiently towards being the greatest city owner ever. Just don’t let the power go to your head!
- You need to keep things well organized. For instance, homes need to be located near to vital services such as fire stations. Otherwise, eventually, your people are going to abandon their homes over safety risks.
- Similarly, no one wants to live near buildings that generate pollution. Places like factories need to be kept away from homes, otherwise your people will be less happy and you’ll earn less money.
- Don’t upgrade more than one house at a time. Why? Because Bizzies might give you a gift when you upgrade a house, but only if you’re doing it one at a time.
- Keep putting down construction zones. Your city’s growth depends on it. Each construction zone and subsequent house leads to more experience, gold, and more people living there.
- Think about the kind of city you’d like to live in. Odds are you want to have some sources of entertainment as well as services. Don’t get bogged down in focusing solely on homes and industries. No one wants to live in that city, and it’s the same in City Mania.
- As soon as you log in, collect up all the resources possible, then work on building new things. Use your time as efficiently as possible!
- Screwed up with how you’ve placed a building? We’ve all been there, especially early on. Don’t worry about it. You can always drag a building elsewhere, or even demolish it. Don’t be afraid to redesign.
- You can expand your city, giving you much more room to play with. It costs you though. You need to collect rare items first in order to be able to expand. The best way to do this by tapping on the Bizzies wandering around your city. You’re asked to high five them. Make sure you tap on their hand at the peak moment for maximum benefits.
- Keep an eye on the special requests that are available. You can earn a lot of resources by working towards certain population goals, or by placing a set number of houses.
- Cash is the premium currency here. Use it to boost your storage space so you don’t run out of room for your many precious resources that you’ll come across over time.
- Bizzies seem like a cute extra but they’re really important. They don’t just help out in the buildings you place them in. They also boost your personal Star Power level. A higher Star Power level means more buildings are unlocked which means more benefits overall, and a lot of fun. It’s much more interesting placing advanced buildings than it is a humble factory.
- Keep an eye on their specialisms and place them accordingly. It helps massively.
Just hit level 13 and think your city looks dull? Consider fusing buildings. You can combine two buildings that have maxed out levels, and create some great results. It’s great for helping your city grow fast, but it also looks really cool. It’s something fun to work towards.