So you’ve decided that all you want in this whole wide world is to be the greatest Footy Golf player that ever lived? I mean, it’s a noble cause, and who am I to judge what another person’s heart desires?
In this indispensable guide you’re going to find everything you need to up your soccer golf game. We’ll walk you through the basics, and give you some tips and hints to make sure you’re getting the most out of your Footy Golf experience. And if that wasn’t enough we’ll have a look at some more advanced tricks that you can pull off to really set you apart from the pack. Basically, here at Gamezebo, we want to facilitate all of your dreams. Right then, let’s get on with it.
- Don’t put your finger on your player – It’s a simple one this, but it’ll come in very handy. Unlike Angry Birds, you don’t need to drag from the source of your shot. Instead you can move your finger anywhere on the screen. It’ll give you a much better view of what’s going on.
- Don’t go for it all – It’s tempting to try and get everything in a single try at a level, but unfortunately that’s pretty much impossible. Focus on one thing at once – coins and gems, or getting the best score. You’ll find it much easier that way.
- Keep your coins – It’s tempting to buy new things when you’ve earned enough coins, but it’s actually more sensible to keep your stash. That’s because you use them to unlock new levels. Characters and balls are expensive, so save getting them for when you’ve opened up most of the challenges.
- Use the bounce – If you’re in a sticky situation, remember you can bounce your ball off things. This will come in especially handy when you’re in a narrow hole. Try and hit one of the walls to deflect your ball upwards and outwards.
- Watch out for spikes – These tricky little pointy things can ruin a good run. A lot of the time they’ll move in and out of the ground, so make sure you time your kick perfectly to get the ball through. Also, use more power in these situations than you think you’re going to need.
- Get it all – If you’re trying to collect coins, then it’s best to try and grab them all in one round. That way you’re not going to have to come back to a level time and time again. Remember that you only get as many shots as will earn you one star, so plan accordingly.
Tricks and Hints
- Watch the videos – It’s a simple thing, but watching videos will earn you more currency. In a way it’s almost preferable to having to grind through the levels over and over again to grab all the coins that the game has to offer.
- Look around you – More often than not the gem on each level is well hidden. You might spot it by accident, but if you haven’t seen it yet it’s worth having a look around to discover it. Pop two fingers on the screen and you’re good to go.
- If it goes wrong – If your attempt to get a good score goes wrong, don’t start again. Instead use the opportunity to clear up any coins you might have missed, or grab the gem on a level. You don’t need to score a goal to grab the goodies.