For all intents and purposes, Trailer Park Boys: Greasy Money is a foul-mouthed, slow-paced clicker. It’s all about building up shady business interests in the trailer park from the TV show, and earning as much money as you can in the process. There’s quite a lot going on in the game, despite appearances to the contrary, so we thought it was a good idea to break some of the trickier concepts down for you. After all, you can’t make money without making money. Or spending money? I can’t remember.
Whatever the case, we’re going to give you some Trailer Park Boys: Greasy Money tips, cheats and strategies to help you along the way as well. After you’ve given this a read you’ll be raking in dollars, hand over fist. Unfortunately though, they’ll be Canadian dollars. So they’re basically worthless.
- The seasons – The game is broken up into seasons. Each season you’ve got a set number of things to do. Once you’ve completed them you’ll get a boss fight. Finish the boss fight and you’ll get sent to jail.
- Restarts – Once that’s happened, all of the progress on your businesses will be lost. The upgrades you’ve unlocked won’t be, so you’re in a good position to start over once you’re released.
- Do what you’re told – The game will hold your hand pretty tightly for the first couple of seasons. Make sure you’re doing what your told and you’ll be able to get through them pretty quickly.
- What are you doing? – The story moves on when you complete one of the challenges that are displayed along the top of the screen. These should be the be all and end all of your focus in the game.
- How do I do that? – Some of the challenges are pretty easy. If you need to get liquor, which you will, a good way to get it without spending is to get more customers. Every time you fill up the green bar by the sign you’ll get some rewards.
- Have a look – Check out which businesses are closest to filling their green bars, and focus on them. That way the cash you’re spending isn’t going to be wasted on goals that are going to take longer.
- Automate – As soon as you can you’ll want to start automating your businesses. That way you don’t have to tap to collect the money. Like a lot of clickers, the ultimate aim of Greasy Money is to set everything up so you never have to play the game again.
- Make sure you upgrade – Sometimes you’ll be tasked with upgrading your characters and buildings as part of your challenges. If you’re not though, it’s still a good idea to upgrade. You’ll get more rewards in certain situations with stronger characters.
- Hashcoins – These are surprisingly important, and tough to get. Try not to waste them because you can spend them to acquire liquor, which is also pretty tough to get. Check the list that tells you how you can get free Hashcoins.
- Double your money – Make sure you watch the videos that double up your cash. These will only take up a few seconds of your time, but they’ll make things a little bit easier to work through.
- Watch out for events – You’ll get alerts when something is happening off the screen. Some of these are events you can tap through to earn extra rewards. So make sure you do that.