Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links is a card-battling mobile game that takes place in the well-known Yu-Gi-Oh! universe. There’s a lot to learn here, and it can be intimidating at first.
While in-game tutorials will help a bit, Gamezebo’s Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links Tips, Cheats and Strategies has your back when it comes to everything else. We’ll get you started with figuring out the difference between a monster card and a trap card, and before you know it, you’ll be a dueling master.
Building Your Deck
- Building your deck is crucial when it comes to any card dueling game. Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links is much the same.
- You can hit the ‘create auto deck’ button if you really want to, but it’s not recommended. You’ll do far better figuring things out for yourself. Honest.
- To start off, much of your deck should be comprised of 1-4 star monsters. Your aim here is to chip away at your opponent while you build up to better monsters.
- Keep a couple of spell cards aside in your deck too. You want to have a mixture of offensive spells, utility spells, and buff spells if you can. It provides a good mixture of moves, ensuring you’re ready for anything.
- Utility spells, in particular, can make all the difference if you time when you use them just so.
- How about trap cards? These are trickier. You need to use them to counter certain attacks, so keep an eye on what kind of cards your opponent is using and gauge it accordingly.
- Remember to go into a defensive or offensive position accordingly. By placing a monster in a defensive position, you can redirect attacks against their defensive stat. It sounds confusing at first, but the more you play, the more you’ll realise how important it is do this. It can make a huge difference in battle.
Gaining New Cards and Gems
- You have quite a few options when it comes to gaining new cards. You can earn them through dueling NPCs or Legendary Duelists. That’s the most straight forward method, but you need some good cards to be able to succeed.
- You can also buy them from the Card Trader, or use your gems to pick out booster packs in the Card Shop. Don’t go nuts with gem purchases, but it is an option.
- Gems are most easily gained through daily login bonuses, levelling up, and completing missions.
- Check your mission log regularly, and see what simple quests you can complete in order to gain them. Often, it’s pretty straight forward.
- Remember – you have to physically check in on the mission log in order to gain the gems. They don’t come to you automatically.
Bits and Pieces
- Logged in during the launch celebration event? Perfect! You’ve gained three Ultra Rare cards if you check out your gift box. Each is a level 7 or 8 card, which means they’re super powerful. Build your deck around them to really stand a chance early on.
- When you hit Stage 4, you unlock a mission that requires you to complete Duel Quizzes up to 1-5. Do so. By completing all of the 1 star quizzes, you receive some useful cards as a reward. Going further and completing even more quizzes unlocks additional cards, and they are all pretty useful. Make the effort!
- Don’t be afraid to check into the Duel School to consult the tutorials again. Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links throws a ton at you early on, and a lot of it won’t make sense till you’ve been playing a while.