Big Bang Racing is a lot of fun, but do you know what’s more fun? Winning all the time. Winning all the time is great because it means you’re the best, and everyone wants to be the best, yeah?
But what if you’re not winning all the time? What if you’re coming in second or, as other people call it, first loser? Well don’t pull at your hair in anguish, that’s silly, because we’ve made a guide to help you out. With these Big Bang Racing tips, cheats and strategies, you’ll soon be sitting at the top of the podium laughing at all the lesser human beings below you from your victorious perch.
Or you might just do a bit better, either works really.
- Focus on map pieces – On the single player levels, focus on grabbing the map pieces. These unlock new sections and give you the best scores, so getting them should be your first port of call.
- Play the community levels – These are great ways to get more gems, which you can spend to speed up chest unlocks. When one pops up in the sky, jump into it and have a play.
- Upgrade when you can – Use coins and cards to make your vehicle better whenever you get the chance. This will give you an edge when it comes to the multiplayer races.
- Don’t worry about restarting – If you miss a map piece, don’t be afraid to restart and go back and grab it. The levels are short and you’re not penalised for trying again.
- Buy some parts – If you’re a couple of parts short from upgrading a piece of your car, check the shop. It updates often and it might have just what you need.
- Where are you going wrong? – If you come unstuck at a certain point in a level, look at the ghosts you’re racing against. What are they doing differently to you? Learn from their actions and you’ll do better.
- Smart nitro use – A lot of people will use their nitro boost straight away, but that’s not the best idea. Instead try and save it for a long section or just before a jump. You’ll find yourself pulling away.
- Balance is everything – Being in the right position when you land can give you a split second advantage. Look at the camber of the track and try and twist in the air so you’re wheels can start turning as soon as you hit the ground.
Hints and tips
- Spend your gems – When you’ve got gems it’s worth spending them, either to speed up chest unlocks or to get the extra coins you need for upgrades.
- Watch the videos – If the game gives you an option to watch a video to earn more, do it. It’s 30 seconds out of your life and it’ll give you a boost when you need it the most.
- Watch your head – Hats give you one hit on your head, but if you take another then you’ll die. Make sure you protect your noggin is what I’m saying.
- Worth another try? – It’s always worth trying again on the races if you don’t finish first. You get four chances and the more trophies you earn, the quicker you’ll unlock the dirt bike.
- Which way? – Some tracks have multiple ways you can go. in multiplayer this usually means a shortcut, in single player it usually means that there’s something to collect. Exploration will often reap rewards.