So you want to be the very best like no one ever was? But rather than being the best at capturing Pokemon you want to be the best criminal operating in the seedy underbelly of Batman’s hometown of Gotham? Well, okay, doesn’t sound like a great idea, but the heart wants what the heart wants.
If you’re struggling with your rise to the top though, don’t you fret, because we’ve sunk our fingers deep into the meat of the criminal experience to bring you our Batman: Arkham Underworld Tips, Cheats and Strategies. And we’re yet to receive a severe beating from the bat himself, so we must be doing something right.
- Upgrade when you can – The key to success in Arkham Underworld is strengthening your base. Not only does this give you more protection from attack, it ups your gang level and unlocks new content for you to tackle.
- Use your villains – It’s tempting to stick with just one villain, but try and take them all out for a spin as often as you can. You’ll get boosts for doing so, and it means they’ll all be as tough as each other if you ever need to utilize their special skills.
- Keep your goons happy – Adding bits of recreating equipment to your hideout keeps your henchmen happy, but they also generate cash and respect that can be vital later on in the game. Adding hackers is a great idea too.
- Lead from the front – Your super villain has way more health than your goons, so make sure they’re front and center of any attack soaking up the hits. You can also move them if they’re taking too much damage.
- Time your specials – Work out how long the cooldown of your special moves is and make sure you don’t waste them. Chucking them out willy nilly could leave you exposed when it comes to the tougher fights that usually pop up at the end of challenges.
- Don’t go all in – Sometimes it’s sensible to hold back some of your goons for the later stages of an assault. Keeping a melee bruiser in reserve usually makes short work of the final boss, whereas chucking one in early often ends with them in a bloody pool on the floor before you get there.
- Change your options – Remember that some levels have diamond safes that you can smash open to get more of the currency. Try and target these as much as possible, as they’re incredibly useful when it comes to speeding things up at your hideout.
Hints and Strategies
- Hit other players hard and smart – Taking on rival gangs in PvP is a great way to boost your coffers. Scout their locations well and figure out the best route of attack. And when you’re getting beaten back, look at the tactics and positioning the other player is using and see if they’d work in your hideout.
- Build and upgrade smart – If you’ve got big upgrades to make, or new powers to give to your villains, try and time it so you’re setting them to build at the end of your play through. That way they’re not going to interfere with your playing, they’re not going to cost gems to finish quickly and they’ll be ready when you come back next time.
- Upgrade your vault – Your vault dictates the amount of cash you can have at any one time. After an hour or so you won’t be able to hold as much as you need to upgrade certain other important structures. Make making your storage here as big as possible your priority and you’ll be on to a winner.