Greetings gamers of the Great White North! If you’re one of the many Canadian gamers who have been patiently waiting their turn, hoping Pokemon GO would grace your app stores soon, we have some very good news: As of right now, Pokemon GO is available on the Canadian App Store and Google Play.
Of course, there’s a very good chance you’re already playing Pokemon GO in Canada. The game launched in the US a little over a week ago, and swarms of players have jumped the digital border to grab a copy for themselves. In my own little Canadian hometown, there have been dozens of Pokemon GO players congregating on the lawn of City Hall all week. That location is a magical junction where four PokeStops overlap, and everyone keeps setting lures, so… you know what? None of this probably makes any sense to you yet. Let’s see if we can help you out.
Pokemon GO has a notoriously terrible onboarding experience with zero tutorial to speak of, so you’ll want to bookmark the following:
- How do I Play Pokemon Go? A Beginner’s Guide
- How to Catch Pokemon in Pokemon GO
- How to Get More Pokeballs in Pokemon GO
- Pokemon GO Guide to Eggs, Evolution, and Pokemon Care
- How to Make the Most of Pokemon Go Gyms
- Be an Ash, Not a Gary: A Guide to Pokemon Go Etiquette
You can find these, and plenty more guides and articles, in our Pokemon GO hub. Good luck, Canadian trainers!