Dead Venture is a game about running over and shooting zombies, and what’s not to like about that? But there’s a chance you might find yourself stuck from time to time, overwhelmed by the undead scourge and not sure what to do next. And that’s where we come in. Gamezebo’s Dead Venture tips, cheats and strategies will teach you what you need to survive in the post-apocalyptic undead-choked wasteland of the game, as well as showing you some strategies you can use to make sure you’re killing at the peak of your capabilities.
So don’t throw your phone or tablet down in disgust the next time you fail to complete a challenge, just head here and read some of our suggestions. You’ll be back slaughtering with the best in no time at all.
- Kill, kill, kill – You won’t always have a challenge that involves killing zombies, but that doesn’t mean that you should avoid them. Murder gets you coins and other useful items, so don’t swerve to avoid that swarm, plough straight through it.
- Collect, collect, collect – The same goes for the boxes you’ll see scattered around the levels. There are often challenges that involve grabbing these, but even if you’re not on one, drive through them and collect all the goodies inside.
- Upgrade, upgrade, upgrade – You can’t buy new vehicles, you unlock them by finding them in the story mode. So don’t be stingy with your coins. Upgrade whichever vehicle you’re using as and when you can to make your killing all the more easy.
- Keep on the move – This is especially true for boss fights. These massive undead gits will happily smash you to pieces in a few hits. Helpfully there’s often ammo crates around them. Strafe attacks are a great way to chip away at them while staying safe. Well, safe-ish.
- Find the shortcuts – Quite often you’ll be able to find smarter ways to your objectives. You can drive through water, smash through most fences, and knock over trees. It’s a decent way to conserve your fuel, although it you’re heading to a boss you will take a beating before you get there.
- Tap on things – Scattered around the levels you’ll find objects you can interact with. Tapping on these has a variety of benefits depending on the object. Some explode, some set off alarms that draw in the zombie horde, and some do both of these. Use them to your advantage and your life will be easier and longer.
Hints and Strategies
- Where are you going wrong? – If you’re getting wrecked or running out of fuel before you finish an objective, grind for a couple of days to earn some coins and then up your defence or fuel stats. You should find the quest much easier to finish then.
- What IS that!?! – Learn what the different monsters do and try and prioritise which ones to take down. Anything with a ranged attack should be your first port of call, then take down the bigger zombies and chargers before cleaning up the rest.
- Don’t waste it – Even if you’ve completed all of your objectives, don’t waste any time in the game. Kill as many as you can before the day ends and you’ll see your coffers filling up. There’s no such thing as a meaningless zombie kill in Dead Venture.