Futurama: Game of Drones is one of the better Match-3 style games out there. Offering a bunch of different ways of wracking up combos, it can be tricky at times. Gamezebo’s Futurama: Game of Drones Tips, Cheats and Strategies will help you fly through those levels.
These are the drones you’re
looking for using
You’re mostly dealing with regular colored drones, but by combining them in a variety of different ways, you can use them more powerfully than before, by forming special drones. Also, combine a question mark with other drones, and you gain a random super drone.
- Pay attention to these combos. They’re going to help you out so much.
- Combine a line drone with a bomb drone, and you create a three line drone. Activate that and you clear three lines in either a diagonal pattern or straight, depending on how you manipulate it.
- Got two line drones? Mix them together and you form an asterisk shape that wipes out lines in a star shaped formation. Plan when to use this one to its best though.
- Combine two bombs and you create, well, a huge bomb.
- The best ones are when you can combine the extra special drones that have a colored outline. Mix a line drone with one of these prism drones, and you can replace all the drones of that color with extra line drones. Do it just right, and you can clear a lot of the board this way. The same kind of thing happens, only with bombs, if you combine a bomb with a prism drone.
- The sweetest move is when you mix two prism drones, thereby clearing the whole board. Don’t expect to achieve this often.
Pay attention to what you need to do
- If you’re like me, you suck at reading instructions. Futurama: Game of Drones changes things up reasonably frequently, so try to pay attention.
- Some levels have you clearing a set number of colored drones, while others need you to move pizza boxes to the bottom of the screen. The more fancy colored stages involve you clearing toxic waste or removing webs and boxes. Make sure you work towards these objectives! It’s easy to lose track of your plans, or aim for a high score instead, but you’re better off clearing a stage in as few a moves as possible.
- Got some moves left over? The game will figure that out and throw some special drones your way, automatically activating them for plenty of points.
Learn when to use the boosters
- Boosters can make all the difference. They’re expensive though, so you want to make sure that when you have one, you use it well.
- The fishy meal booster has you starting out with a line drone, a bomb drone, and a prism drone. That’s a pretty good all-rounder combination. Regardless of what kind of level it is, it should help you out.
- Super Slurm gives you a fully charged character power. That sounds perfect, but it depends on the scenario. For instance, if the level is pretty tightly packed with obstacles, you probably want to spend some time clearing it before you consider activating Zapp Brannigan’s power, meaning you might as well charge it the regular way.
- Compulseez organizes all the drones by color. This one’s a rare one, but so very useful indeed.
- In-game, you can use special powers too. Doomba – kind of like a Roomba – has you clear 4 areas of the board at once. Special Doomlivery places 5 line drones randomly on screen, while Spheroboom clears one tile. Ok, that last one isn’t so great but it can make a difference.
Don’t forget the other stuff!
- Use the wheel of robots every time it’s available to you. You have to watch an ad but you gain stuff easily, like extra dollars or sometimes extra lives.
- Keep reading that story. Ok, it’s nothing hugely amazing, but it’s quite fun to read through. Don’t forget, you can always go back and view it again if you lose track.