Color Switch from Fortafy is an addictive reflex game similar to other microgames in its endless score chasing. However, unlike much of the competition, Color Switch has a reasonable difficulty scale, a cool aesthetic, clever obstacles and a sweet soundtrack. For those looking to improve their high scores in this newest tap-fest, here are Gamezebo’s Color Switch tips, cheats and strategies.
Hurry up and Wait
You’ll need to move quickly to get through one side of a moving object, but then hold your position before advancing. The matching color you need might not be moving as quickly as you and you’ll hit a wall. Pacing is the key to victory, and with no time or energy limits, you can take all the time you need.
Once you’ve cleared an obstacle and before rushing into the next set, give yourself a quick break by tapping gently to stay afloat without moving forward. Account for all color blocks you’ll need to pass before you start to move forward, otherwise you might run into a barrier needlessly. Some shapes will change direction or speed up or down; spend a few moments getting to know the terrain and you’ll be in a better position to advance.
While there is no time limit, there is also no way to save progress. If you pause and close the game, you’ll be able to pick up where you paused. Start tapping before you unpause so you won’t drop too low and crash; just be gentle so you don’t catapult yourself too high either. If you quit, your position will not be saved. The pause button is awkwardly located in the top right corner of the screen. If you think you may want or need to pause, definitely practice a few times while the stakes are low. You’ll likely need to use your other hand to avoid crashing.
Turn Down The Music
I love the music in this game. So much so that I just let the intro screen play occasionally. However, if we are being honest, these sick beats may influence your tapping and actually prevent you from advancing. You will need to tap at a beat different from the music and if you find that adds difficulty, consider turning the music down.
- You don’t have to hit a color. If you can make it through the obstacle without touching anything, it still counts as a victory as long as you get that star. An example of this is the double windmill.
- There is a small buffer on the outside of the shapes. If you catch yourself in time, you may be able to fall back even if you just brush the wrong color.
- Take a break if you get too frustrated. While it may be tempting to try “just one more time,” you’ll notice that stepping away for a little while will improve your focus and tapping cadence.
- Be at peace with the knowledge that you will often die the first time through a new obstacle.
- The highest score in the game 999, however, real players show up around 400. While that may seem daunting, Fortafy’s official Facebook page uses a score of 15 as a reasonable milestone- so aim for that. We are quite sure you can get to 15 with practice, determination and some of these tips.