Game Introduction: League of War
League of War is a castle defense-style game with a modern warfare twist. The basic idea is to overwhelm your opponents and destroy their base, but you’ll have a much better chance at success if you know a bit more about the game’s particulars – which is where we come in. Gamezebo’s quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best game.
Tips and Strategies
- Upgrade your Supply Lines before you do anything else. It might seem like a gamble, but the slight boost you’ll receive early on is totally worth it.
- Keep an eye on what your opponent is dropping. If they place a jeep, place a tank. If they place a tank, place a Rocket Trooper. If you’re unsure of what’s been dropped, tap on the unit to pause the action and bring up a description window. Plan accordingly.
- Hybrid units are your friends. If you can, you’ll want to have at least one of these in your army since their prowess against two different enemy types can be a life saver. Rather than split your funds between two different units, you can take care of everything with one. It’s cheaper, faster, and ultimately more effective. Of course it’s still going to need some backup.
- Even fodder can be useful. Sometimes you just need to buy yourself some more time in order to beef up your Supply Lines, and sometimes that means churning out low cost units quickly just to tie up the enemy long enough to do it.
- Waiting on more powerful units to finish recharging so you can drop more? Upgrade your Supply Lines! It might sound silly but if you’ve got the resources to burn and you still have some time to wait (and your forces are doing a good job of keeping the enemy at bay, of course), there’s really no reason not to upgrade them.
- Organizing your units by cost helps a lot. I imagine there might be some temptation to set them up by what their strong against or what you think looks the most awesome, but in a pinch it’s incredibly useful to have them all lined up by cost. It makes anticipating when a given unit will be available for purchase a whole lot easier.
- Try to keep your army relatively diverse. You never can be too sure what you’re going to come up against in combat (unless you keep replaying the same campaign mission over and over again), so you’ll want to be prepared. You can tell what types of units your own soldiers and vehicles are strong against by looking at the icons on the bottom of their cards.
- There’s more to your cards than just their Attack, Defense, and Level. When viewing your army, tap on a unit and select “Details” to call up a more in-depth list of its stats. This will include important things like overall recharge time, movement speed, attack type, fire rate, and more. Many of these values will be important if you really want to dig in and create your optimal attack force.
- Don’t just use vehicles. Rocket Troopers may be susceptible to mounted machine guns, but they can be extremely useful when dealing with enemy armor early on. A bunch of Rocket Troopers can easily decimate an entire platoon of tanks, and they’re not too bad against helicopters, either!
- Replay campaign missions often. At least in the beginning. They’re a great source of experience and income, and give you a decent chance of acquiring extra cards for your army.
- Upgrade, upgrade, upgrade. A level 10 Pokryshkin attack helicopter will always be better than a level 1. And chances are you’ll end up with a fair few excess cards between all the keys you’ve earned through completing Covert Ops or by replaying completed campaign missions. The best thing you can use them for is to beef up your favorites.
- Think about Promotion. By combining two of the same (the exact same – if two cards share the same name but one is Common and the other is Uncommon, it won’t work) cards you can promote a unit to a stronger rank, which boosts its maximum level and potential stats after training.
- The best way to rank-up in Versus (PvP) is to keep winning. Fast. Keep an eye on your opponents’ ranks, go for high numbers if you aren’t sure (or use Attack Boosts if you’ve got the spare energy), and just go for it. The more you win, the faster you progress.
You have completed Gamezebo’s quick start guide for League of War. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forums comments and much more here at Gamezebo!