Game Introduction – Jewel Quest
Jewel Quest is a match-3 puzzle game created by iwin, Inc. You match up same-colored gems in columns of three or more to turn the “sandy” tiles on the board into gold. It’s not an easy task, though, since there are traps and tricks galore that aim to keep you from achieving your goal. Gamezebo’s quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to match up gems like a pro.
Quick Start Guide
- Jewel Quest is free to play. You can download it by clicking the “Play Now!” button at the top of this page.
- When you begin the game, you sit through a quick story introduction and a tutorial.
- When the tutorial is done, you can roam the world and start matching gems.
How to Play
- Objective – You play through Jewel Quest as an archeologist looking to uncover and explore the world’s most fantastic ruins. Exploring said ruins actually involves matching up rows of three gems or more on game boards, thus turning the sandy tiles into gold. When all the tiles are golden, you move on to the next level.
- The Map – Jewel Quest‘s maps track where you’ve been, and where you can go. You can enter new levels using the map, or re-visit levels you’ve already completed in hopes of getting a better score.
- Lives – Every time you fail to clear a board in Jewel Quest, you lose a life. You also lose a life if you give up on a board before you complete it. Lives are restored after a waiting period.
- Relics Store – Tap “Relics” at the top of the map screen to visit the Relics store. You can buy permanent power-ups for a certain amount of coins.
- Settings – Tap the gear icon on the bottom right-hand side of the screen to open up the game’s settings. From here, you can adjust the sound, music, and log into social media options like Facebook.
Mind Your Goal
- Choose Your Power-Ups – You’re allowed an opportunity to choose power-ups (boosts) before you begin playing a board. You can also purchase boosts with coins if you don’t have any on-hand.
- Level Completion Requirements – Your goal is listed in the set-up screen that precedes each board. Keep it in mind.
- Limited Moves – Some levels in Jewel Quest need you to meet all the necessary requirements within a limited amount of moves. Your move meter depletes every time you swap gems.
- Limited Time – Other levels require you to finish them within a certain amount of time. The counter begins ticking down from the word “Go,” so think quickly!
Turn Sand into Gold
- Match Three or More – When you match three or more gems in a row or column, the sand tiles beneath those gems turn into gold. Regardless of any other goals, you always need to turn the entire board gold before you can move to the next level.
- Locked Tiles – Some tiles are locked, which means you can’t turn them into gold until they’re unlocked. Match three key tiles to get rid of one lock.
- Gem Slots – Some boards require you to fit certain gems into matching slots. The relevant gem must be adjacent to the slot before you can swipe it in.
- Resource Jewels – Certain boards will ask you to collect resource jewels. Simply bring these special jewels to the bottom of the screen to complete the task. You usually need to collect more than one.
- When Things Get Rough – Sometimes it can be nearly impossible to complete a level without a helping hand. If you’re having a rough time with a particular level, try selecting and/or buying some power-ups. Choices include gold dust, which turns all surrounding tiles gold when used, and keys that open up a few random locked tiles.
- Midas Touch – If you match three lionhead coins, you earn a Midas Touch. You can use the Midas Touch to turn one tile into gold instantly (one tile per each touch). You can also buy Midas Touches through in-app purchasing.
- More Time – If you run out of time on a particular level, you can buy more time with a microtransaction.
- More Moves – If you run out of moves on a particular level, you can buy more with a microtransaction.
- More Coins – Coins in Jewel Quest are used to buy power-ups and relics. You earn them as you play, but you can also purchase some with cash.
- Log In With Facebook – If you log into Jewel Quest using your Facebook ID, you can keep track of your friends’ scores. You’ll also earn a permanent addition to your lives bank, and 1,000 coins.
Tips and Tricks
- Need a Power-Up? Try Keys – If you’re having trouble on a level that offers keys as a power-up, buy one. Keys eliminate a few tiles when you start the level, which saves you big-time on precious time or moves.
- Beware Suggestions – If you don’t make a move on the board for a little while, the game will suggest how you should move next. More often than not, these moves do little to help you meet your actual goal(s). It’s best to ignore them unless you’re really stuck.
- Don’t Hoard the Midas Touch – You can’t carry Midas Touches across levels, so if you’ve got ’em, use ’em.
You have completed Gamezebo’s quick start guide for Jewel Quest. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forums comments, and much more here at Gamezebo!