Game Introduction – Puzzle Knights
Puzzle Knights is a puzzle combat game created by Mojaro. You will match like-colored gems on a grid, customize your own knight, and battle against other players’ knights. Gamezebo’s quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best game.
Quick Start Guide
- Puzzle Knights is free to play and can be downloaded by clicking the “Play Now!” option at the top of this page.
- When you first start the game up, you will be asked if you’d like to play the tutorial. This is recommended for first time players.
- After the completion of the hands-on tutorial, you will be brought to the main menu.
- There are two key areas to the game, the first of which are the puzzles. Puzzles are of the match-three variety, similar to games like Bejeweled and Candy Crush Saga. You need to swap two adjacent pieces in order to create lines of at least three like-color gems. Doing so will destroy those gems, and everything above them will drop into place.
- Clearing gems scores points. Each time you play the puzzle, you will be given a set number of moves in order to score a set number of points. Meeting the points goal will greatly increase your stamina in the combat portion of the game.
- When clearing gems, you score more points for longer lines and combos. To land combos, you need to use gravity to your advantage. Because higher gems drop when you match three, it’s possible to have gems fall into their place, creating more lines of three and starting a chain reaction.
- When you match four or more gems, there is a chance that you will create a bonus gem. There are a few types of bonus gems. One type will clear all gems on the same X and Y axis. Another will destroy all gems within a certain radius. There’s also one that will destroy all gems of one color. These gems typically don’t show up more than once per puzzle.
- Online Duel puzzles work the same as the other puzzles, except that there’s a time limit instead of a set number of moves.
- If you fail to meet the required score for a puzzle, you must try again. Alternatively, you can use an Energy Drink to instantly fill your entire stamina bar. This will allow you to fight without the need to solve a puzzle.
- The other main area to Puzzle Knights is combat. Combat works similar to Rock, Paper, Scissors. After filling your stamina bar from playing puzzles, you’ll be given the option to go into battle against an opponent.
- When you’re matched up with an opponent, you’ll be brought to a screen where you can create a battle plan. This plan of attack will be filled with three different actions: Attack, Defend, and Counterattack. Both your knight and your opponent’s will perform each move in the order listed.
- When the battle begins, the knights begin attacking, defending, and countering. Both knights have a red health bar. How damage is dealt is mostly determined by how the two moves interact. Defending has a chance to block an attack. Countering has a chance to avoid damage and deal some of your own, if the opponent opted to attack. If both players chose counter or defend, nothing happens. If both players chose to attack, then one will deal damage, while the other will not.
- The “Armory” option in the main menu allows you to use gold (either earned in-game or purchased) to purchase new characters, weapons, gear, and power-ups.
- New characters can be purchased for a large amount of coins; they don’t affect the gameplay at all and come with the same base stats.
- There are a variety of weapons. The more expensive the weapon, the higher it will raise that character’s attack stat and the more damage he will do.
- Helmets and shields work in the same fashion. The higher-priced items will greatly increase your defense, allowing you to take more hits and last longer in battle.
- Finally, you can purchase a couple power-ups, including extra moves and time in puzzles, extra bonus gems, and energy drinks.
Trips and Tricks
- The best way to improve at the puzzles is to practice. Take the time to look for moves that will cause chain reactions. The best way to do this is to look for moves on the lower half of the screen, as that will cause the most gems to move.
- Similarly, if you can’t find any combos or long lines, make a short line near the bottom of the screen and you’ll increase your chances of landing a combo.
- As silly as it may seem, the nature of combat in Puzzle Knights makes “attack, attack, attack” a valid battle plan. While a player who throws in a few extra counterattacks might pose an issue, more often than not, this will not be the case.
- New weapons and gear will help a bit during battle, but the biggest influence is your plan of attack, as well as a few strokes of luck.
You have completed Gamezebo’s quick start guide for Puzzle Knights! Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forums comments and much more here at Gamezebo!