Game Introduction – Junk Jack X
Junk Jack X is a 2D sandbox adventure game created by Pixbits SRL. In it, you’ll mine for gems, build equipment, survive the monster-filled nights, and discover/travel to new planets. Gamezebo’s quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best game.
Quick Start Guide
- Junk Jack X is regularly available for $4.99 and can be downloaded by clicking the “Play Now!” option at the top of this page.
- When you first start, you’ll be encouraged to start a new game and will enter the character creation mode. There, you’ll be able to select your name, gender, appearance, and clothing color. As you gain armor and equipment, the visual features become less noticeable.
- After creating your character, you’ll be asked if you want to play with simple or advanced item creation. Both systems require the same resources to build items, but simple mode constructs everything automatically, while advanced is quicker but requires more direct input.
- Once you enter the game, Junk Jack X will present to you its tutorial. While it’s not a hands-on guide, it does explain most aspects of the game in great detail and it is highly recommended. If you choose to not read the tutorial right away, you can go back to it at any time in the build menu.
Starting Your Adventure
- The main focus of Junk Jack X is the adventure mode. In this mode, you start with no resources, limited health, and enemies will spawn in the darkness.
- Your first two priorities should be defense and shelter. You can break items and land by repeatedly tapping on the square until it breaks. Once broken, you can gather the resources dropped and use them to your heart’s content. When first starting, it’ll be easiest to clear a few trees and gather wood, which can be used to make wooden equipment and weapons. A sword, pickaxe, and shovel will be your best friends early on. As you find new resources, such as stone, you can use them alongside wood to create stronger equipment.
- With equipment in hand, it will likely be getting close to night, especially if you read the tutorial. Ideally, you’ll want to find a square that contains coal, indicated by chunks of black rock embedded in the square. Using both coal and wood, you can build torches, which are vital for illuminating the space underground.
- With torches and equipment, you can start preparing a shelter. If you have enough leftover wood, you can use that to build a house; otherwise the side of a hill works wonders. How you build your shelter is up to you; just remember to seal the entrance so enemies can’t enter and to use torches to keep the area well-lit.
Entering the Age of Discovery
- Once you have a shelter and can defend yourself, you’re free to explore the world of Junk Jack X to your heart’s content. The world map isn’t terribly long and after just a couple minutes of walking, you’ll end up back where you started. There’s still plenty to do above ground. You can grow plants, hunt animals, and gather resources. The surface is relatively limited, but it’s a great place to set up a base.
- Beneath the surface is where there’s a ton of stuff to be found. There are a ton of minerals (such as copper) that are rarely (if ever) found near the surface, but these resources are incredibly useful for building new tools and equipment. As you go farther underground, you’ll find more opportunities to build new and better equipment.
- The underground is filled with more than just squares of dirt and rock. Occasionally, you’ll find a care lodged in the earth. If you find one, break it open to get your hands on some loot. This loot may include tools, materials, and recipes that teach you to build certain objects on your own.
- You’re also likely to find abandoned mine shafts. These often contain valuable minerals and other resources, but are also a breeding ground for monsters.
- Perhaps the rarest items you can find are pieces of a portal. After enough digging and looting, you may come across one of these. Combine three pieces and you will unlock access to a new planet. Different planets have different layouts and resources, but it will take a lot of time and exploration to get there.
Other Game Modes
- If you want to experience the standard adventure mode, but frequently get killed by enemies, you can enable “Peaceful mode” from the options menu. You can still take damage from explosions, falling, and drowning, but no enemies will spawn.
- You can also play Creative Mode, which sets you on any one of your unlocked planets (no portals will spawn, however) with all the buildable items in the game at your disposal. Creative Mode lets you quickly destroy blocks, fly through the air for quick navigation, and have unlimited health.
- Multiplayer connects you with another player (either local or online), and allows two people to simultaneously interact with one of the host player’s current worlds. All your equipment and inventory will be used in this game, so use it wisely.
Tips and Tricks
- You’re able to jump over gaps that are one block wide. You can do this by swiping diagonally.
- Few of the daytime animals are hostile. While it’s difficult to tell which ones will hurt you, much of it boils down to common sense. A chicken will almost never actually attack a human, while a bear may consider you dinner.
- Killing animals provides access to fur, skin, and meat. Most of these resources are used in making new items, while meat replenishes part of your health. If you have something to cook it in first, the meat will provide a bigger health boost.
- As soon as you can, make chests and a bed for your home. You drop everything when you die, so chests will protect valuables not in use. Your bed will be your respawn point after you die.
- Use bombs to clear out large chunks of land quickly. Alternatively, they can be tossed into mine shafts to help kill monsters.
- Most importantly: Be creative. There’s a ton of stuff to do in Junk Jack X. Whether you want to live the life of a poor farmer, search for huge treasure, or explore new planets, there’s no shortage on stuff to do! The higher your level of creativity, the more ways you’ll find fun.
You have completed Gamezebo’s quick start guide for Junk Jack X. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forums comments and much more here at Gamezebo!