Game Introduction – Ultima Forever: Quest for the Avatar
Ultima Forever: Quest for the Avatar is an RPG game from Electronic Arts where you will be able to take control of many warriors along with your friends to take on the quest to defeat The Black Weep and become the Avatar of Renown. Making sure you use the characters you play as correctly can be a daunting task, but with Gamezebo’s quick start guide you’ll have all of the tips, tricks, and walkthroughs you need to stay ahead of the game.
Quick Start Guide
- To get started quickly, go ahead and click on the “Play Now” button at the top of this screen. Ultima Forever: Quest for the Avatar is a free to play game, so there’s no worry if you discover it’s not your bag.
- Once you begin the game, you will be shown the title screen where you can see the option to login with Facebook or to play without logging in as a guest.
- The game will then begin loading. Ultima Forever requires a constant Internet connection, so make sure you have a consistent WiFi connection before beginning to play.
- On the next screen, you’ll need to pick your account’s username. You can choose to either type in your name, or push the button that will choose a name for you.
Creating Your Character
- Next, you will be given the option to either create a character or have one given to you in a pre-created option.
- If you choose to create, you will be given the option of a Fighter or a Warrior. Next, you’ll have to talk to the Gypsy who will ask you multiple questions to determine what kind of character you should use in the game.
- Once you’ve answered all four of the Gypsy’s questions, you’ll be shown the character that the Gypsy believes you should use in the game. If you agree, you can press “Play!” or you can choose to customize the character a bit more.
How to Play
- Once you’ve created a character and are ready to play, you’ll be taken to the battlefield where you can learn how to use your character.
- Tap on the ground you want your character to move to in order to have him/her move there. You can also tap and hold on the screen to move your character continuously in the direction you are holding down on.
- When enemies begin attacking you, tap on them to have your character attack.
- Characters will appear in the game, and you can talk to them to further your quest by tapping on them. New quests can also popup from time to time as you speak with characters.
- In the first area, a cave in the northern area will open up. At this point, you’ll want to move your character north, and then into the cave to continue.
- In the next area, you’ll be introduced to the ability to break objects to find pickups you can use in the game. To pick up something that falls out of these broken objects, tap on them.
- If you’re hurt after taking on enemies, you can pick up health from these objects or you can tap on the potion button in the lower right corner. You can only use potions if you happen to have any, however.
- When attacking an enemy, you are given the option to use a special attack in order to have an extra boost in the attack power. Tap on this special attack button on the left side of the screen to use.
- As you play the game and defeat enemies, you will come across different types of items you can use. Items can have different strengths based on the material used to create it.
- Common items that are colored green are the weakest items available in the game. Uncommon items, colored blue, are stronger than the green items, proving to be more useful in battle as a result.
- When you use the Bronze keys you collect while playing, there will be a chance it will drop a green item. Silver keys will drop a random Purple item, and Gold keys will drop orange items. Orange items are the most rare, and therefore most powerful items in the game.
- Keys can be earned by completing quests and dungeons, or by being purchased. You can tap on the menu icon in the upper right corner, and then on the ‘$’ icon to be taken into the purchasing screen. Be careful though: once you use a key you will have to find or buy more to receive more special items.
- If you ever end up in a situation where you are unsure of what to do next, you can always load up a quest to figure out exactly which direction you should be heading.
- To see your current quest, tap on the Gypsy icon in the upper right corner of the screen at any time. She will then have a quest available for you to complete.
- Once you’ve completed the quests, you can head back to this screen to see your rewards.
You have completed Gamezebo’s quick start guide for Ultima Forever: Quest for the Avatar. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forums comments and much more here at Gamezebo!