Game Introduction – Draw Something 2
Draw Something 2 is a turn-based multiplayer drawing game created by Zynga. Thousands of new words, professional grade drawing tools, and enhanced social features including galleries to save and share artwork have all been added. You will love the ability to create professional-looking artwork in this fantastic sequel. Gamezebo’s quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best game.
Quick Start Guide
- Draw Something 2 can be found by clicking on the “Play Now!” button at the top of this page.
- You have the option to either log into the game using your Facebook account or your email account. If you choose “Facebook” the game will ask for access to your basic profile information and your friend list. You will be provided with a list of Facebook friends that are also playing the game as soon as you grant access.
- The game begins with a brief tutorial providing an immediate friend to play with. Tap on the arrows and read through the labels provided.
- You will be asked if you would like push notifications sent to your device when you load the game for the first time. You can change your notification settings at any time in the settings menu located on the “Me” page at the bottom of the screen.
- If enabled, you will be notified when your friends play a turn or send you chats. This may include alerts, sounds and icon badges which can be configured in the settings area.
Active Game Menu
- In the image above you will see your active game menu. This can also be reached by tapping on the “My Games” button at the bottom of the screen.
- Friends under the green bar are waiting on you to guess the answer to one of their drawings.
- Once you take your turn, friends move under the gold bar until they take their turn.
- Regardless of who initiates it, at the end of each drawing cycle both parties will be rewarded with coins once the guess is correct.
- Gameplay consists of choosing from one of three given words that you may draw, and if the other player guesses what you have drawn correctly, you will both earn a designated amount of coins that you can use to purchase additional hints, colors, and patterns to draw with. You are always presented with three words that are free. You may use premium currency to have these free words changed by tapping on the green button until a word appears you wish to draw. The free words reward the least amount of coins in the game.
- What’s New – In Draw Something 2 you can purchase additional categories of words using stars, and then flip through them until you find something you want to draw. If you choose to spend stars on the extra categories, you will earn larger coin payouts for these drawings which are shown next to each word. Just as in the free words choice, both players will receive the same amount of coins for each correct answer.
How to Draw
- Once you have chosen the word you would like to draw, you will see a blue summary screen showing you who you are drawing for, the word you have chosen, and if it came from the free list or a premium word category. Finally, it will show you how many coins each of you will earn if the word is guessed correctly. Tap on this blue summary screen and it will take you to the active draw screen where you will submit the drawing of your chosen word.
- You will also be able to tap on the upper left corner to see this summary screen again if you need to.
- Next you will be taken to the drawing pad, where you can choose from various colors of paint as well as new features like patterns, stamps, watercolors, crayons, and more.
- Use your finger or a stylus to draw on the screen.
- Eraser – You may tap on the eraser button at the bottom of the screen, or on the undo arrows also along the bottom of the screen, which will reverse or reinstate your most recent movement.
- Tip size – There is a slide bar at the bottom of the draw screen which changes the size of the pencil tip and eraser. It can be very helpful to put it up to its largest size to paint the entire canvas quickly or to erase it.
- Reversal arrows – Tap on the arrows to remove your last action on the drawing pad. If you see two arrows, you can take an action away or add it back one step at a time without cost.
- Delete – Tap on the trash can icon to throw out the drawing and start over with a new page or use the eraser to clear it out.
- You are given a basic pencil and a few colors to get started. Tap on the tab just under the screen to access your color palette and the game store for more art supplies.
- You can purchase one color at a time or a set of colors using coins and/or stars.
Purchasing advanced drawing tools
- There are multiple tools available for purchase in the shop such as pattern and sparkle pens, crayons, watercolors, stamps, pixel pencils and more. These are used to enhance your drawings by potentially adding texture, tint, and/or shapes to your drawings.
- Note that these are optional tools and the game can be played without them.
- Tap on the price tag icon at the top right of the game screen and once in the shop you may scroll up and down to shop.
Purchasing Individual palette colors
- Each drawing tool has a palette of colors associated with it. Once in the shop, use the horizontal menu to tap on the tool and then scroll to the very bottom of the screen to see its palette colors.
- Tap on the color and a screen will appear showing you the cost. Tap on “Purchase color” and it will be immediately deducted from your total.
- Note – If a lock is on a color this means you must reach a specific level in the game before you can purchase it. Tap on the lock to find out what level you need to reach. You may be offered the option to purchase it with premium currency instead of coins for an instant unlock.
Submit your drawing
- Once you have finished your drawing, tap on the checkmark at the bottom right corner of the screen and then tap on the submit button. You will now have to wait until the other player views your drawing and guesses. If they guess correctly, you both will earn the designated amount of coins associated with that word choice.
- After you submit your drawing to the other player, you will be taken to the screen shown above. Here you can set the drawing to add to your gallery, or post to your Facebook and/or Twitter accounts.
- Captions – You have the option to place a caption under your drawing if you would like. This can be a hint or a message about the drawing. There is no cost for sending captions along with your drawings.
- Tap on “Done” to submit from this final screen.
Taking your turn at guessing
- Tap on the player name under the gold bar when it is your turn to guess the word from a drawing. You will immediately see another blue summary screen showing who you are watching, where you are guessing from, and how many coins it is worth.
- When you load the screen it will immediately play as a video in real time showing you the other player’s drawing process. You will see erasures and the image will draw before you. If you do not want to wait for this process, tap on the arrows at the top left of the white screen and it will take you to the finished drawing.
- Note – If you initiated the game and drew first, you will see your own video and the other player’s attempt to guess your word. You can fast forward through this screen at the top left as well if desired.
- Replay – There is a replay button at the top right of the screen next to the “X” button which will allow you to watch the drawing in process again if needed.
- Letters – The number of letters varies but it is always more letters than the length of your word. You will choose from the letters along the bottom of the screen and tap on them to place in the next available spot or tap and drag to an empty spot.
- Shuffle – There is a shuffle button at the bottom right of the screen that will mix up the letters in different combinations. This may help you to see the answer if you are having trouble.
- When you have the correct answer all the tiles will turn green and a reward screen will appear.
- You will be given a hint if a category word has been purchased with stars. This is shown on the blue summary screen.
- Letter Hints – Tap on the star button next to the letters and this will cost you one star from your inventory to have one random letter placed on the board if you are having trouble. This does not reduce your coin reward. You may use as many hints as you can afford.
- Once a drawing has been correctly guessed, you will see a screen that shows both players being rewarded with the designated amount of coins in their bank.
- Look to the bottom of the screen to maneuver around the social options and settings.
- Tap on the “Settings” option to set the game language and toggle all game alert categories such as chat, gallery additions, and social alerts.
- “Home” – Tap here to see the new additions of artwork by other players. You can “Like” these images and comment on them if you wish.
- “My Games” – You will need to tap on this button to see your active games. Under the green bar you will find “Your Turn,” which indicates friends that are waiting for you to play. Under the gold bar you will find “Their turn” showing those friends that you are waiting on.
- “New” – Tap here to start a new game. You have several options available to you.
- 1. Facebook friends – When you start the game, associate it with Facebook and all those playing the game will be shown to you. Tap on the tab and choose your friend from the menu.
- 2. Contact List – You can choose people from the contact list of your mobile device.
- 3. Username – You can choose a player if you know their username.
- 4. Random Match – This will connect you with another player that is not on your Facebook friend list.
- “Gallery” – You have the option to see a gallery full of all drawings done by friends you are following, or you may tap on “My Gallery” to see all the images you have drawn. You can access either one using the “Me” or “Gallery” buttons at the bottom of the screen.
- Recycle mode – This allows you to take a drawing from your gallery and use it again with a different opponent.
- Posting drawings on Facebook – There is a setting that allows every picture you draw to post on your Facebook profile page. You may toggle this button off in settings if you do not want your drawings posted.
- “Me” – This is the tab you will use for all of your major game settings. You may edit your profile, see your achievements, and invite friends. You also have the option here to set the game to a restricted mode requiring a four digit PIN for the social aspects of the game.
- Tap on “Me” at the bottom of the screen, and then on “Restricted Mode.” This disables the social feed and gallery using a PIN. You can still play turns with friends and contacts, but you won’t see any social content posted.
Follow Recommended Artists
- You now have the option to follow professional artists, words, and celebrities. A list will appear for you and you will need to tap on the blue toggle button to follow them. Once you do, you can tap on their profile picture to see their gallery of drawings.
Create/Edit your Profile
- From the “Me” tab at the bottom of the screen you can find the “Edit Profile” button. This allows you to enter an optional biography (140 characters) and a picture of yourself for others to see. If you associate with Facebook your profile picture will automatically appear on your game profile. You can change this at any time and may even use a free drawing as your profile picture.
- There are two types of currency used in the game for purchasing additional paint colors, drawing tools, and hints to use when you get stuck or want to draw more complicated words for larger coin payouts.
- Coins – This is the basic game currency that you can earn by successfully guessing the word your opponent has drawn for you. You will start the game with two hundred coins.
- Stars – This is the premium currency of the game. You can use this currency to purchase special drawing items, hints, and special words with higher coin payouts.
- You will start out with twenty five stars when you begin the game. You can win more by completing and guessing more complicated drawings and leveling up in the game.
- Gold coins and/or stars may be purchased with real currency. You can access the currency menu by tapping on the “$” or price tag symbol along the currency indicator at the top right side of the game screen. Stars or coins can be purchased in bundles. The more you purchase, the less you will pay overall.
- Purchases are considered “In app” purchases and will be charged to your mobile device.
- Prices of coin or star bundles range from $1.99 to $49.99 USD. The larger the bundle you purchase, the better overall rate you will receive.
- Note – The prices for drawing tools and colors for your palette are purchased with the stars or coins only and none of these can be purchased with real currency.
- To see how much basic and premium currency you have on hand, tap on the price tag icon at the top right of the game screen. This will open the game shop along the top of the screen, which shows you how much you have of each type of currency.
Daily Draw/Daily Guess Challenges
- Once every twenty four hours you will be given a chance to draw a picture and/or to guess a drawing in order to earn extra coins. A countdown clock is shown in your active screen at all times.
- Daily rewards for consecutive days of gameplay reach up to five days. You will earn coins for the first three days, and then premium star currency for the last two days.
- Tap on the “Me” button at the bottom of the game screen and then on the “Achievements” button to see what achievements you have completed and what rewards have been earned from them. Note that you will earn either star or coin rewards when you complete an achievement.
- You can go to this area and read ahead to see what is needed. This is a great way to set your game goals.
Game Tips/Additional Information
- If you have access to a stylus it may make it much easier to draw than using your fingertips.
- Be sure to adjust the tip size of your drawing tool by sliding the bar along the bottom of the screen. As you slide the button left or right it changes the diameter of the tip.
- Use your stars to purchase the special categories with high coin payouts. Once you do this, the button will turn bright green and you can keep tapping on the button to reveal three more words to choose from. Some of these premium category words can payout as much as twenty coins versus the maximum of seven on the free screen option.
- Use coins to purchase individual colors for your palette, which you will find yourself using frequently. You may also purchase color sets. Using the correct color or texture of an item can give your opponent an advantage which will help them guess what you have drawn, and reward you both with higher coin payouts.
- Some people will use text on the screen to help friends guess the needed word. This helps with really difficult words, but should only be done between friends. If you are playing with random players, be courteous and do not write hints on the screen. You may use your caption feature to send hints if you have a difficult word to draw.
- Free Picture – You have the option to draw a picture and send it to your Facebook and/or Twitter friends outside of the game just for fun. This is free of charge.
- Nudge – If you see this button appear, tap on it and it will send a push notification to the player reminding them that it is their turn.
- Free Stars – Tap on the purchase menu and then on the “Free” button to earn free stars by watching videos from various sponsors.
- You have completed the basic quick start guide for Draw Something 2 by Zynga games. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forum comments and much more here at Gamezebo.