Game Introduction – Mittens
Mittens is a physics puzzle game from Disney, wherein you play as a cat named Mittens and its up to you to collect milk, collect balloons and win the heart of Mia. Getting to Mia is not the easiest task when there’s plenty of obstacles in your way. With Gamezebo’s quick start guide, you’ll have all of the tips, tricks, and walkthroughs you’ll need to stay ahead of the game.
Quick Start Guide
- In order to get started in playing Mittens, you can go ahead and click on the “Get It Now” button shown at the top of this page. The game will download and install on your device once you’ve done so.
- When you start the game for the first time, you will just need to hit the “Play” button in the middle of the screen. Next, you will pick a set of levels.
- As this is your first time playing the game, the only set of levels available is the “Milktown” set.
- Once you’ve picked the set, you will need to pick your level. Go ahead and pick the first level to get started.
- You will now be shown a short introduction video that shows the backstory of Mittens. If you’d like to skip this, just tap on the screen.
How to Play
- In the first level of the game, Mittens will be standing at the top of a building on top of a canopy. The objective in this level is to collect the milk bottle sitting at the bottom of the screen.
- To get Mittens down to the bottle, you just need to cut the rope connecting the canopy to the balcony below.
- This will cause Mittens to fall down below. If Mittens runs into another rope on the screen, he will bounce off of it. When he runs into the milk bottle, he will collect it and complete the level.
- In each level, there are also gems you can collect. If you are skilled at the game, you should be able to collect all three of these emerald gems at once. Once you collect enough of them, you can spend them to unlock new levels in each set. Always keep an eye out for ways to collect the gems in a level.
- Once you finish a level, you will be shown a results screen that also displays all of the gems collected in the level. You can always come back to a level if you did not collect all of them.
- On this results screen, you can tap on the big next button that will immediately take you to the next level. You can also tap on the level list, which will allow you to choose any prior level you’ve already completed, or the retry button if you want to immediately play the level again to have another shot at the gems in the level.
- In the second level, you will be introduced to the concept of having more than one canopy that Mittens will bounce off of. You will need to cut the connecting ropes off of several of these canopies to complete the level.
- The third level introduces you to the frying pan enemy. This guy does not appreciate Mittens hanging out by his house so you will need to dispose of him first. To make sure he doesn’t attack Mittens, cut the rope that connects to the canopy above his head. This will cause that canopy to fall and obstruct the enemy so you can collect the milk and complete the level.
- A few levels in, you will be introduced to Wood. Wood works just like the ropes except that Mittens can walk on the wood and you can cut the wood at any place causing Mittens to go in different directions depending on that.
- When cutting the Wood, you will need to make sure you cut it in a way that causes Mittens to fall in the direction of the milk bottle. If Mittens gets stuck going in the wrong direction, you will need to restart the level.
- When the bird is introduced, you will need to tap on the bird to drop Mittens at the most opportune time. There may even be times where there will be multiple birds that you will need to drop to and from in order to retrieve the milk bottle.
- Antennas are introduced quite a few levels into the game. The antenna works like a ‘slingshot’ style game where you will need to pull back on the antenna to aim the shot, and then fire Mittens in the direction you need to go. You can pull back to fire Mittens higher and change direction if you need to. Lift your finger off the screen to release Mittens.
- Near the end of the Milktown level set, you will come across a valve that you can use to shoot Mittens into the air. You can then tap on the Valve again to allow Mittens fall back down potentially onto a bird that you can then use to move him and then complete the level.
- Windows can be used as another way to launch Mittens into the air. If Mittens happens to be near a window that has a hinge on the top, you can tap on it to launch Mittens into the air and a bit closer to finish the level.
- In the second set of levels labeled “Balloonland”, you will be asked to grab a balloon instead of a milk bottle, complete with many new features such as a cannon, bounce pads, and rings of fire. Make sure you master each new feature you come across before heading into the next level, as practice can make a huge difference.
- You have completed Gamezebo’s quick start guide Mittens. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forums comments and much more here at Gamezebo!