Game Introduction – The Croods
The Croods is a free to play island management game where you raise and tame animals, harvest resources and complete quests. Gamezebo’s quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best game.
Quick Start Guide
- To download the game, click the “Play Now” button at the top of this page.
- Once downloaded, click the “play” button
- That’s it! You’re ready to start the game!
How to Play
- Traps: The first order of business when you start The Croods is traps. This is how you will get your first animal and how you get the ball rolling in making a bustling island full of animals and decorations.
- Evolution: In order to increase the chances that you can trap your animal, you will want to “evolve” your trap—essentially increasing your odds that you will be able to capture the animal and be able to add them to your island. The increase will cost coins.
- Coins: Coins are the regular currency of The Croods. You’ll earn coins by completing quests and contributing to “Ugga’s Soup”—more on that in a bit.
- Gems: Gems are the premium currency of The Croods. You’ll earn these by leveling up and by spending some real life dollars in the game’s shop.
- Plants: The game revolves around animals, who you build homes for, who then create food that you can use for a whole host of different uses. The food can be used to feed other creatures, create soup to make the creatures more efficient, sold for coins, and more. As you can see from the above screenshot, you can also evolve the homes and plants to increase the capacity that they hold while you are away from the game. This is worth doing, because when you go to bed and come back, you’ll want to have all the food that is possible within that time so you can get moving forward quickly.
- Leveling: By completing quests and doing your basic tasks throughout the game, you’ll earn experience. Your experience bar will be in the top left hand of the screen to give you an at-glance look at where you are at any given point. Every level will new items as well as give you some coins and gems as a reward for your achievement.
- Ugga’s Soup: Ugga’s soup is an excellent way to earn coins in The Croods. You can sell your excess food to Ugga and you’ll earn some coins, but once you fill the bar shown in the above screenshot, you’ll earn some soup from her. The soup can be used to level up your animals, which will then be able to produce more food for you per hour.
- UI: Let’s walk through the UI and the island
- Experience Bar and Coins/Gems: In the top left, the experience bar will give you an at-glance look at where you are at level-wise. Coins and gems will be listed to the right.
- Character Icons: If you don’t want to drag the screen and go directly to where Ugga or Gran, you can hit their icons and bring up their screens immediately.
- Gran’s Chores: The game does a great job through Gran’s Chores of directing you what you need to do to move forward. The chores are done in stages where you complete them all, then a new set will unlock. Each chore will give you a boatload of experience, coins and gems, so they’re going to be what you want to focus your efforts on in completing.
- Feeding Animals: One of the big constraints on gaining coins and just using your food on obtaining Ugga Soup is needing to feed your animals (the nerve!). Over time, the animals will deplete their energy and you will have to use food to get them producing more food for you. Simply tap on their homes and there will be an option to feed them—it will show how many of the particular food item that you will need to use to get them to start producing more food for you.
- Animal Information: When selecting a particular animal’s home, you can select “info” from the selection pane that pops up, which will bring you to the screen in the above shot of the game. Here, you will see what level the animal is at, what their production level is for food, and what type of food their home’s produce and what food they eat. This is a nice view of information that will let you get a handle on each of the needs of each of your animals, allowing you plan best how to get their interconnected needs working the best for you.
- The Cave: The amount of food that you can carry at any one given time is constrained by the size of your cave. Like everything else, you can increase the amount of storage by paying some coins/food/gems (or some combination of the above). You’ll want to increase your storage as you progress through the game so you can keep your engine of food production running smoothly.
You have completed Gamezebo’s quick start guide for The Croods! Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forums comments and much more here at Gamezebo!