Game Introduction – Gun Bros 2
Gun Bros 2 is a dual-stick shooter developed by Glu Mobile, where players can fight numerous enemies and bosses in missions with their upgraded “bros.” Gamezebo’s quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best game.
Quick Start Guide
- To download the game, click the “Play Now” button at the top of this page.
- Once downloaded, click the “play” button
- That’s it! You’re ready to start the game!
How to Play
- Controls: If you have never played a dual-stick shooter, the controls will take a little bit of getting used to. Even if you have, you’ve likely played them on a console with a controller. In the above screenshot you’ll see two simulated joysticks in the bottom left and right hand of the screenshot. The left stick will control your player’s movement, and you’ll use these sticks to direct where your character will run to. The right stick controls where their shots will go. Using these in tandem is how you’ll take care of the bad guys with some lead to their face.
- Progress Bar: In the main mode of the game, you’ll have missions that you’ll go through. Each mission has a pre-determined amount of enemies and will take place in stages throughout the mission. To get to the next stage, you have to kill all of the enemies that the game throws at you. From there, they are bronze, silver and gold stars for the amount of time that it takes you to clear, so there’s a challenge for more advanced players that are looking for speed rather than pure survival.
- Other Notable User Interface: With this being a mobile game, there will be times that someone might want your attention, you’re exiting the bus, and so on. In the top right hand of the screen is a pause button that you can use to do what you need to do before you enter back into the game. At the bottom of the screen you can see your health bar. When that runs out, you’re dead and you’ve failed the mission.
- Character Customization: One of the biggest parts of the game is picking up and purchasing new guns and armor to make your “bro” that much tougher in combat. And you’ll need it. As you progress through the game, you’ll fight tough bosses, tougher enemies and more of the enemies. During the game, you’ll have to keep an eye out for crates that drop. These crates will house armor, experience, and “xplodium”. To change your armor and weapon load-out, simply touch whatever arm or that you would like to adjust. From there, you can see what the armor can do for you, what class the armor it is (A class is better than C, for example). Another thing to watch out for is armor bonuses, which will give you buffs for having the same set—so while one piece of armor might be better than another piece, if it isn’t a part of a set it might not be worth using. Be mindful of this when choosing your load out.
- Mission Types: There are two ways to play Gun Bros 2. The first is in your standard single-player mission modes. In this mode you will play your missions, clear the bad guys, and then move on to the next mission. There is also endless mode where you kill as many enemies as possible before you perish, challenging your friend’s high-score.
- Level: For every mission that you clear and enemy that you kill, you’ll earn yourself experience. The more levels that you have makes your character stronger in terms of health points, as well as faster. Keep winning missions and you’ll have a better bro in no time!
- “Brotherhood”: Guns Bros 2 has a couple of ways for you to find friends to play. From the main screen you can select brotherhood, which will allow you to search at the very least Facebook (and if you’re an iPhone user like myself, you can search Game Center).
- Upgrades: To make your guns more powerful, you can spend war bucks (Gun Bros 2’s premium currency) and upgrade the power with which your pellets strike enemies. The upgrades are fairly minimal, so I would conserve your war bucks for perhaps a new gun purchase rather than upgrades. This is especially true in the early stages of the game, as you’ll be swapping to new guns quickly as you level up. The guns that you can purchase will be much more powerful than any potential upgrades.
- Modifications: Another way to make you more powerful is through gun modifications. You’ll earn these through the crate drops throughout the game. There are any number of different effects—the one I have equipped on my weapon is a mine which will seek out the nearest enemy. It is nice to get some passive damage! Each weapon has three different modification slots, which can be activated in the game in the bottom right corner over your “shooting” stick.
Keep in Mind:
- Know Your Speed: Sometimes it doesn’t make sense to constantly be throwing out fire towards enemies. Especially against boss enemies with powerful area of attack firepower, ease off the shooting for a bit, bro. When you shoot, you are also slower. In these type of attacks, it is harder for you to dodge, and speed is critical.
- Unneeded Items Are a Boon: In the normal course of play, you’ll earn a lot of armor that you simply do not need. Sell them! This will give you much needed xplodium that you can use to purchase new weapons that will make you more formidable against opponents.
- Eye on Prizes: Crates are your single most important thing in the game, outside of killing your opponents and progressing stages. Keep an eye out when crates are dropped, because they will be the key to you earning new, better armor, gaining xplodium, and more. They are only on the ground for a limited time, so it’s critical that you pick them up in time.
You have completed Gamezebo’s quick start guide for Gun Bros 2! You should be all set on your way to play your best game! Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forums comments and much more here at Gamezebo!