Game Introduction – The Walking Dead: Assault
The Walking Dead: Assault is an action shooter game from Skybound, wherein you will need to play as Rick and take on the zombie apocalypse using several characters from the Walking Dead franchise. Being up to the task is only the first step in taking on the zombie horde, and with Gamezebo’s quick start guide you’ll have all of the tips, tricks and walkthroughs you’ll need to stay ahead of the game.
Quick Start Guide
- To get started quickly, go ahead and click on the “Play Now” button at the top of this screen. The Walking Dead: Assault will then install on your device and be ready to play in no time.
- Once you’ve started the game, you will be taken to its title screen. Here, you can choose from several different options including settings, leaderboards, and the ability to start the game immediately.
- The “More Episodes” option on this screen is where you can go to download new episodes as they become available. Keep checking for new app updates to see when new episodes become available.
- In the “Rewards” option, you will find several different rewards you can unlock as you play. Unlocking these accomplishments allows you to unlock extra features such as artwork, trivia, bonus supplies and characters.
- Now that we have those options squared away, we should go ahead and start the game by tapping on “New Game” now.
- You will now be taken to the chapter selection screen. Here, you will be able to select from the different chapters you have already played.
- Tapping on a chapter loads the game where we will begin playing.
How to Play
- To control the camera and make sure you have the best view available, you can just tap and hold on the screen while moving your finger to move it.
- If you’d like to rotate the camera, you will need to tap and hold on the screen with two fingers and then twist them to make the camera rotate along with it.
- Supply cabinets can be found as you traverse through the game, and can be interacted with by double tapping on them. This will cause your character to move and collect the items automatically.
- The first area you will find yourself in is a hospital. In the hospital, you’ll find objectives that will help you guide you through it. Objectives can be found in the upper left corner of the game screen.
- One of the first objectives in the game is to “Search the hospital for more supplies.”
- To find more supplies, you’ll need to pan the camera around it and then double tap on the supply cabinets to collect them.
- If you are having trouble finding supplies, try zooming out by pinching.
- One of the supply cabinets you will find for this objective holds a box of ammo for your gun. That’s particularly convenient because a zombie will begin attacking you once it has been picked up.
- Fortunately, your character will begin attacking the zombie once it moves within range. If you want to select an alternate weapon, tap on the gun icon.
- If you select a melee weapon, you will need to wait for the zombie to come very close before your character will swing it. Being this close to a zombie means you will have more chance to be hit by one.
- At some point while playing in the hospital, you will need to go outside and take on a few zombies at once. This is a great time to test out your axe and save ammo in the process.
- If you see a dark area, it is impossible to see any items or enemies in that area. You’ll need to have your character move into that area before you can see anything there.
- A good way to take on a horde of zombies is to distract them. If you see an item that is glowing green, you can tap on it to select it and then again to activate it.
- The zombie horde will now be distracted, opening you up to attack them with ease.
- Another good way to take on several zombies at once is to use a special skill, which will temporarily boost your power. Skills can be found on the right side of the screen.
- Rick has a headshot skill that will allow you to temporarily score headshots on every zombie your character shoots.
- Once you’ve cleared out the zombie horde in the hospital, you will complete the level and unlock the next chapter.
- You will also be shown a stats screen that shows exactly how well you did while playing including amount of Walkers killed, amount of time taken and supplies collected. Your results will then be tallied and you can then see if you have unlocked any Rewards.
- If you unlocked trivia or artwork, you can view it from this view. When you’re done looking at your earned Rewards, you can tap on the checkmark to finish.
- Upon finishing a chapter, you’ll be taken back to the chapter selection screen. Here, you can replay chapters or select the next chapter you’d like to play.
- Upon moving to the second chapter, you will be able to select a new character if you’d like to try something a little different.
- You can tap on each character to see their different attributes and special abilities. You can add more than one survivor to the team, just note that you will be responsible for them and there may be a larger chance of them turning however you will also have extra guns and weapons at your disposal.
- Working as a team is vital to survival and completing each chapter. Make sure you understand each character’s strengths and weaknesses before heading in to ensure your success.
You have completed Gamezebo’s quick start guide for The Walking Dead: Assault. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forums comments and much more here at Gamezebo!