Game Introduction – Bloons TD 5
Bloons TD 5 is a tower defense game from Kaiparasoft where you will need to defend your towers from evil balloons with an appetite for destruction. You can wield all new power-ups to help soften the experience, and Gamezebo’s quick start guide is here to help you with all of the tips, tricks, and walkthroughs you need to stay on top of the game.
Quick Start Guide
- To get started quickly, go ahead and click on the “Play Now” button at the top of this screen. Bloons TD 5 is a free to play game, so there’s no worry if you discover it’s not your bag.
- When you start the game for the first game, you will receive a short popup message welcoming you to the game. You can dismiss this message by tapping on the “Close” button in the top right corner of the screen.
- Bloons TD 5 is a level based game where you will play consecutive levels. You will be able to unlock levels as you play.
How to Play
- When you are at the main menu of the game, you have several options to choose Special Agents, Towers, Store, Specialties, Social, Monkey Lab, Settings, and your Money Chest.
- Monkey Lane is the first level of the game, so we will use it as an example of how to play the game. You can start any level from the level selection screen by swiping to it, then tapping on it.
- From here, you can tap on your difficulty from “Easy” to “Deflation”. Some difficulties will not be unlocked until you rank up.
- Tapping on your difficulty takes you into the level where you can start placing towers down to defend your own tower.
- At this point, you can begin placing down turrets and other items that will be used to defend you. The icon in the lower left corner is used to place down your own towers. The icon in the lower right is for Special Agents which we’ll discuss later.
- Tap on the icon in the lower left corner, and then on the Dart Monkey. The Dart Monkey can be placed by tapping and holding while dragging it out of the inventory and on to the screen. Each one of these costs $170 to purchase, so be careful when placing them down.
- Dart Monkeys will throw darts immediately once in range of Bloons. Most Bloons can be taken out with just one dart but may require more monkeys when there’s a horde of them.
- When you finish a round, you will be given XP based on how well you completed the round. If you earn enough XP, you’ll be able to Rank Up and unlock new levels and difficulties.
- If you want to, you can then start the next round on the same level. Your same towers will stay, however there will be more enemies than before so be extra ready.
- In-between rounds you will be given the opportunity to purchase additional attack towers so that you can fend off the additional enemies. You can also upgrade your towers if need be.
- To upgrade a tower, tap on one that has already been placed in the area. You will now see a menu that shows statistics about that tower and any available upgrades you can use.
- Some upgrades require that the tower have more XP before it can be upgraded. If you can upgrade, you’ll see a dollar amount next to it. As an example, one of the first upgrades available for the Dart Monkey is for Long Range Darts.
- Long Range Darts cost $75 and will increase the range of the Dart Monkey dramatically.
- Another upgrade you can get for the Monkey Dart is the Sharp Shots. These cost $120 to purchase per tower but offer one additional Bloon pop per shot. This is a great way to take out a horde of them at once.
- As you continue playing through rounds, you will unlock new types of towers every once in a while.
- A good hint is that if you watch the bottom of the screen at the end of each round, you will receive a nice hint about what may happen soon in the future.
- If you are low on cash but feel that you desperately need an upgrade, you can spend real money to gain back some health or purchase in-game money. With additional health, you will be able to last longer before having your tower destroyed. With the purchased in-game money, you can buy upgrades and new towers as necessary.
- So long as you keep upgrading your towers and adding new ones as you unlock them, you should be good to go on getting through most of the rounds in a level. Stick to these ground rules and you’ll be successful in no time.
- Secret Agents are additional help you can hire to provide you with more firepower and defense mechanisms when you need them the most.
- As said before, the Special Agents menu can be accessed in the lower right corner of the screen. From here, you can swipe through all of the available agents.
- Agents such as the “Bloonsday Device” will allow you to control the orbital strike satellite, which destroys all of the Bloons in a small area.
- Another well-armed Agent is the “Angry Squirrel” which will attack quickly when a Bloons spring a leak.
- Special Agents tend to be quite expensive, so they should only be used in a sparing fashion. However, if you’re in a rather tight spot and nothing else will work, an Agent may not be a bad place to look.
- If you need a Special Agent and have no Monkey Money to spare, remember that you can always purchase more with real money if you feel it’s necessary. This should be a rare occurrence, however.
You have completed Gamezebo’s quick start guide for Bloons TD 5. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forums comments and much more here at Gamezebo!