Game Introduction – Monster Quest
Monster Quest is an action simulation game from GREE, where you are tasked with building a thriving habitat for monsters to grow and prosper. Making a place fit for dragons can be a bit of a daunting task but with Gamezebo’s quick start guide you’ll be off and running in no time.
Quick Start Guide
- To get started quickly, go ahead and click on the “Play Now” button at the top of this screen. Monster Quest is a free to play game, so there’s no worry if you discover it’s not your bag.
- Upon starting the game for the first time, you’ll be able to choose your avatar by selecting “Random” until you are satisfied. You can also change gender by choosing the appropriate male or female icons next to the avatar.
- When you are ready to start playing, tap on “Play”.
How to Play
- Now it is time to engage in the first battle, where you will take on a Blazebat, a fairly weak monster that you should be able to take out easily.
- When you spot an enemy monster on screen, you can double tap on them to attack.
- Attacking causes your character to unleash their own monster to fight battles for you.
- The battle will commence automatically, and a winner will be determined based on monster stats as well as luck.
- If you manage to defeat a monster, you’ll receive a reward and there will also be a chance that loot will be dropped. You can tap on any loot chests that drop to collect them.
- One of the ways you always know what to do next is to view and complete quests. Doing these ensures you are on the correct path, and will always have the best monsters and upgrades available.
- To view your quests, tap on the ‘book’ icon in the top left corner of the screen. Here, you’ll be shown a list of quests that you can pick from.
- Tapping on a quest takes you to the details where you can see a description, and a short guide on how to complete it.
- Certain tasks that must be completed in the quest line can be tapped on to be taken directly to the area of completion. Tap on “Visit” to do so.
- One way to easily gain better monsters is to capture the ones that you defeat in battle. To do so, double tap on the monsters that you have defeated.
- Now you will be shown a menu that asks you to select from any of the purchasable discs. Each disc has a risk factor involved, wherein the capturing process may fail. The more expensive the disc however, the less likely it will fail so there is a definite connection between risk and reward here.
- Once you’ve decided which disc you’d like, tap on it to purchase it and use it instantly. You’ll then be shown the results of the capture.
- If you have successfully captured the creature, it will then be available for you to use.
- Skill points are important for you to utilize because of their ability to make your character that much stronger. When spending skill points, make sure to evaluate each of the different skills before doing so and pick those that suit your preference best.
- After spending those skill points, you’re likely ready to try your hand at defeating rival monster trainers. These trainers can have the same tactics as you, so you’ll need to be on top of your game to take them on!
- You can tap on the “Battle List” icon in the lower right corner of the gameplay screen to see a list of trainers. Here, you can choose to invade or attack them.
- If you attack them, a standard battle will start with your monsters versus theirs. Afterward, you’ll be shown a quick results screen that you can look over.
Establishing a Settlement
- You’ve probably been wondering what that peculiar looking icon is for in the lower right corner of the screen labeled “Settlement”. This icon denotes the ability to travel to your very own settlement that you can create and build.
- You can switch between settlement mode and battle mode by tapping on the “Lakeshore” and “Settlement” icons respectively. Both can be found in the lower right corner of the gameplay screen.
- When traveling to your settlement for the first time, you will see the Manor first thing. The manor harvests gold for you to collect and use.
- If a building shows a coin icon above it that means it is ready for collection and you can tap on it to receive the gold.
- In order to keep the settlement going, you will need to have more buildings that each have their own purpose.
- First, tap on the build button in the lower right corner. Here, you will have an overview of the different options you have in settlement mode.
- For now, let’s tap on the “Store”. Here you can buy items to use in your settlement.
- Monster Buildings is the category we’re looking for, so let’s tap on that next.
- The Water Habitat allows us to have stronger water monsters in our settlement, so let’s buy that for now.
- You can drag the building around until you are satisfied with its position. When done, tap on the green check to place it down permanently.
- When a building is placed, it does require time for it to be completed. You’ll know when it’s done because the hammer icon will disappear.
- If you do not wish to wait for construction to be completed, you can tap on the hammer icon, and then use Gems to finish it immediately.
Playing with Friends
- If you’d like, you can play with friends in Monster Quest. Go into the main menu, and then tap on the “Allies” icon. Here, you will see your “Friend ID” which you can then pass on to friends.
- Friends can send you their Friend IDs, and you can enter them here so that they can help you out in battle by providing you some extra bonuses.
You have completed Gamezebo’s quick start guide for Monster Quest. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forums comments and much more here at Gamezebo!