Tentacles: Enter the Dolphin – Game Introduction
Tentacles: Enter the Dolphin is a mobile game published by Microsoft, in which the goal is to take on enemies using your newly acquired tentacles. Taking on all of the boss enemies headed your way can be a daunting task, but with Gamezebo’s quick start guide you’ll be on your way to taking down anything that gets in your way.
Quick Start Guide
- To get started quickly, go ahead and click on the “Play Now” button at the top of this screen to download the game.
- From the main title screen, go head and tap on “Play” to start the game right away.
- You will now be shown a short introduction video where you will learn a little bit about the character you will be controlling as you play.
How to Play
- To move the character, all you have to do is tap on the screen and it will move one of its tentacles there. Keep tapping and the character (“Lemmy”) will move there.
- While you’re moving along in the early goings in the game, you will come across a few obstacles such as spikes. These spikes should be avoided or will result in a game over.
- Another obstacle to keep an eye on is the bubble wave. This makes it very difficult to move in the opposite direction of the bubbles, so you’ll need to be extra careful about where you place your next tentacles.
- Some levels are deliberately designed with the bubble wave, so keep that in mind when you’re ready for the next challenge.
- Occasionally, levels may move and contort as you are trying to move through them. You’ll need to take that into account and plan accordingly, as a sudden move in the wrong direction can mean certain death.
- Yellow orbs will be available for you to collect. Collect them for additional points that will come in handy as you progress.
- Creatures that have a blue orb around them can be killed by tapping on them. You’ll earn additional points for doing so. If you don’t kill these creatures and run into them, you will lose health points. You may also find larger versions of these creatures with more eyes for you to rip out and kill.
- Another enemy to watch out for are orb-like creatures that explode when you get close to them. Avoid them if you can.
- A shooting enemy will begin appearing in levels. These enemies cannot be killed, and should just be avoided altogether.
- As you play, you will come across small challenges that you can complete. For example, one of the first challenges was a damage challenge. To complete that challenge, all you have to do is to not take damage while moving about.
- At the end of a level, you will be shown a stats screen that shows how many stars you have earned in the level. Stars are earned by collecting the maximum amount of items in a level, avoiding deaths and completing challenges. If you feel you’d like another shot at the level, go ahead and tap the Restart button to have another go.
- When you’re ready to move on, tap on Continue.
- Introduced in the “Dr. Phluff Strikes Back” set, you will come across levels that require you to zip through a level as fast as you possibly can. Your best bet in these levels is to tap rapidly to the right of the screen and hope you can escape the acid that is chasing you.
- In certain levels while playing, you may come across a boss enemy to fight. Taking on these enemies will take all of the skill you have, so be ready to fight or die. The following selection of strategies should help you earn that extra edge when taking bosses head on.
- In level 8 under the “Queen of the Colon” set, you will come across the queen herself. To take her out, you need to latch yourself on to parts of the level, and then shoot out the eyes on her back to kill her.
- In level 11 of the “Dr Phluff Strikes Back” set, you will come across a boss character that resembles a turtle. This boss will constantly come in your direction until it attempts to back you into a corner and kills you. Avoid letting the boss do that, and maneuver around it until you can reach its eyes with a tentacle. Rip out both eyes to kill it.
- In level 13 of the “Mama Amygdala” set, you will come across a large shell boss that has a smaller spiked version crawling around. When the smaller shell stops near you, it will attempt to launch up at you and cause damage. Avoid the attack, and then rip out its eye while it is still in the air. Once you have vanquished the small one, the large one will attempt the same tactic so just rip out its eye to complete the fight.
- In level 19 of the “King of the Spleen” set, you will come across a quite difficult boss with a few dozen eyes sticking out of it. There are a few cubbyholes you can try to hide in, but they don’t do much for killing this boss. You will need to try and pop out some of the smaller eyes that will then let you rip out the larger eyes. Be careful though, this boss spits out several deadly shots constantly and will knock you back after each eye pull. Defeating this boss should put you on the right path for completing the rest of the game, as this could be considered to be the first real challenging boss.
- You have completed Gamezebo’s quick start guide for Tentacles: Enter the Dolphin. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forums comments and much more here at Gamezebo!