Game Introduction – Blood & Glory Legend
Blood and Glory Legend is a free-to-play game where you go toe-to-toe with a number of foes in a gladiator-like setting. Gamezebo’s quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best game.
Quick Start Guide
Quick Start Guide
- To download the game, click the “Play Now” button at the top of this page.
- Once downloaded, click the “play” button
- That’s it! You’re ready to start the game!
- UI and Movement: Let’s go over the basics of the user interface. In the screenshot above, you’ll see the red and blue life indicators. The blue health bar is for you, while the red will be your foe. The arrow on the left is for your character to move left and the arrow on the right is for moving to the right.
- Shield: The shield button is in the bottom left and is one of the best options at your disposal, especially early on when you’re getting a handle on the game. This will deflect any attack the enemy brings and confuse them for a moment while you open up their flesh with a whack of your sword.
- Attacking: Going on the attack is fairly straight forward affair. Slashing left or right, up/down, diagonal—it all counts the same when the enemy is stunned and open up for attack.
- Parrying: With parrying, this is where the attack angle comes into play. If your enemy comes attacking on your left side diagonally downward, if you attack from the right side up, you will meet his or her attack and parry their attack—leaving them open for you to open them up for some major hurt.
- Health Potions: In the middle of the screen you can use health potions if you purchase them. By using them, you can instantly go back to full health in the middle of a battle—great in those moments where you goof up.
- Amulets: Amulets are trinkets that you can earn (you start the game with one that gives your health potions a boost). They can be seen in the top left of the screen in the above screenshot. You can purchase additional slots, and additional amulets in the game’s store. These amulets will give you various bonuses that will aid you in the battles that you have in the game, ranging from attack strength bonuses, defense bonuses and health bonuses.
- Critical Strikes: Critical strikes are bonus attacks that you receive after dodging, blocking and parrying a number of attacks in a row. There is a meter that fills in the bottom right of the UI. From there, you make an initial strike and move to the side of the enemy and whack them up for a few at much higher attack damages per strike.
- Glory Level: As you defeat enemies and progress through the game, you will attain a higher “glory level”. Each victory gives you a ranking of one to three stars based on the percentage of attacks dodged, blocked or parried by you. The better the ranking, the better the experience. Once you level up, you’ll gain a ruby and skill points.
- Rubies: Rubies are the premium currency of the game. These can be used to purchase weapons, armor, amulets, and much more in the game’s store.
- Skill Points: With every new glory level, you can add strength of your attack, up your defensive skill, and upping your health to keep you in the fight longer. Alternatively, you can purchase skill points for cold, hard cash. $1.99 for a +5 upgrade to any of the skill levels.
- Daily Bonus: Much like other freemium games, there are daily bonus incentives to keep you playing day in and day out. However, unlike many freemium games, these bonuses must be earned. Every day there are three challenges that you can complete. If you complete at least one a day, the daily bonus gets better and better as time goes on and you complete one of the challenges. Keep up with them, and the rewards can be tremendous!
- Challenges: Here is an example of some of the challenges you will be assigned on a daily basis. They vary in difficulty, and each challenge has a specific bonus on top of qualifying you for the daily bonuses.
- Store: In the game’s store, you can purchase all sorts of items. However, they are quite expensive. You will need to save up your silver or pony up real money for better items. The items that will help you the most will require rubies, and you’re either going to have to level up quite a bit, or simply buy rubies. 100 rubies cost $4.99, and there are some items that can cost 3400 rubies—so it’s not an insignificant chunk of change.
Tips and Tricks:
- Dodging Helps: After your first few fights, you’re going to have to dodge. Your blocking has a meter that drains as you use it, and eventually you will not be able to block anymore. Use the earlier fights to learn how to dodge more effectively so you’re on better footing when the fights get tougher. Essentially, patience helps. A lot of the enemies attacks are slow, so when they wind up, you don’t dodge then—you dodge as the attack comes in.
- Go Back: Going back to earlier fights will allow you to meet challenges and earn experience. This is a great way to accrue experience, silver and a few rubies to get you in better position to beat a current foe that might be vexing you.
You have completed Gamezebo’s quick start guide for Blood and Glory Legend! You should be all set on your way to play your best game! Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forums comments and much more here at Gamezebo!