Game Introduction – Tap Dragon Park
Welcome to the quick start guide for Tap Dragon Park. In this game you will be hatching dragons and sending them into battle to protect your treasure. This guide will help you familiarize yourself with the game world and provide some tips on getting off to a good start.
Quick Start Guide
Navigating the Screen
- At the top of your screen you will find your current level and experience, your current gold balance, your current jewel balance, and your battle points.
- On the left side of the screen you will find your current achievements (quests), any battles that can currently be fought, and alerts about completed dragon trainings and hatchings.
- At the bottom right of your screen you will find the main menu button. Tapping on it will open the main menu where you can purchase dragons, train your dragons, mix dragons, and visit the shoppe.
- Gold: Gold is the currency of Tap Dragon Park. Gold is used to purchase, train, and mix dragons. Gold can also be used to purchase decorations for your park and purchase additional space. Gold is earned from your dragons over time. You can also sell dragons to earn extra gold.
- Jewels: Jewels are the premium currency of Tap Dragon Park. Jewels can be used to speed up the time it takes to hatch, train, and/or mix dragons. You can also use jewels to speed up the time it takes to purchase land, purchase premium dragons, and unlock additional training slots.
- Experience: As you win fights and complete achievements you will earn experience. Once you’ve earned enough experience you will level up and unlock new dragons and achievements.
- Achievements: Achievements are quests that you can complete to earn gold and experience.
- Battle Points: Battle points are earned by finishing a battle. Currently they don’t appear to be used for anything, but that could change.
- Dragons: You will be purchasing, hatching, and mixing numerous dragons to go into battle to protect your treasure. Each dragon has an elemental power (water, fire, or earth). You will need to train your dragons up so that they can withstand the trolls they will be fighting against. You can also mix two dragons together to create unique dragons.
- Training: Training your dragons will level them up and make them stronger. Each dragon comes with its own level cap. Dragons you can purchase early in the game can only be leveled up to level 2 or 3. Dragons that you unlock later in the game will be able to level up to higher levels.
- Hatching: Once you purchase or successfully mix a dragon, you will need to wait for the dragon to hatch. Hatching a dragon can take anywhere from five minutes to over four hours. You can speed the process up if you have jewels.
- Mixing: You can mix two dragons to hatch a new, unique dragon.
- Shoppe: In the shoppe you can purchase wizards, decorations, land, support structures, rivers, sidewalks, and walls. Currently these items don’t add much benefit to the game (support structures will earn you some experience) with the exception of land.
- Expansion: You will run out of room for your dragons very quickly, so you will definitely need to purchase some land and expand your park. You can move your dragons around to make room, but unfortunately you cannot move any of the other structures on the screen. This leaves you with a very limited amount of land to work with. To purchase additional land you can either tap on the land you wish to purchase or you can select the land button in the shoppe. You will need to wait for your purchase to be finalized: the amount of time it will take increases with each purchase, as does the cost.
- Treasure: In the center of your park is your treasure pile. Your dragons will be helping you protect you treasure by fighting off the trolls that attack.
- Trolls: Trolls will sneak into your park and threaten your treasure. Send your dragons to battle them. Trolls use elemental attacks as well, so you can fight them by using the opposing element. If you don’t have a dragon fighting that can beat them via element, you can still beat them by using a dragon that has a higher level.
- Fights: Fights happen when trolls attack. You will choose three dragons to go into battle and then fight the trolls using elemental attacks.
Dragons – Buying, Hatching, Training, and Mixing
- The first thing you will need to do in Tap Dragon Park is purchase a dragon.
- To purchase a dragon, tap on the main menu button at the bottom right of the screen and then tap the dragon button.
- This will open the dragon menu and you can view which dragons are available for purchase.
- Select the dragon you wish to purchase to be returned to the park map.
- Tap and drag your dragon to where you wish to place it and then tap the check mark to finalize your purchase.
- Now you will need to wait for your dragon to hatch. Tap on it to see how long it will take to hatch. The dragons you can purchase early on in the game should hatch fairly quickly.
- Once a dragon is ready to hatch, tap on it to hatch it.
- Once a dragon has been hatched it will begin earning gold over time. Tap on the dragon to see how often you will be able to collect gold from it.
- Now it’s time to train your dragon. Tap on the dragon you wish to train and tap the button that says “begin training”.
- This will take you to the dragon training screen.
- Unlock the first training slot and the tap it again to begin training.
- You will then need to select the dragon you wish to train (yes, even if you got to this menu by tapping on the dragon you wanted to train).
- On the right side of the screen you will see the cost of training the dragon. If you do not have enough gold you may need to wait for your dragon to earn some gold before you can train it.
- Once you have enough gold, select the dragon you wish to train.
- Now you will need to wait for the training to complete. Once it’s completed, return to the training menu and complete the training.
- If your dragon is fully leveled it will be transformed. Otherwise, you may wish to train it again to fully level it up.
- Once you have progressed in the game and reached level five, you will unlock mixing.
- Mixing allows you to take two dragons and mix them to create a new, unique dragon.
- To begin mixing dragons go to the main menu and select dragon mixing.
- This will open the dragon mixing menu. Tap on the first box and select the dragon you wish to use.
- Now tap on the second box to see if you have a dragon that can be mixed with it.
- Once you have selected two dragons that can be mixed, tap the middle of the screen to mix them.
- You will need to wait for the mixing to be completed.
- Once completed you can place your new dragon in your park (provided you have enough room for it, you may need to expand you park).
- Once placed in the park you will also need to wait for the new dragon to hatch.
- Now that you’ve built up a small army of dragons it’s time to defend your treasure pile.
- You can begin a fight by tapping on your treasure pile when the fight icon is above it.
- This will take you to the battle screen.
- On the right side of the screen you will see the type of troll you will be fighting. You will be able to view its level, and which element it uses the most.
- On the right side of the screen you will be able to select the three dragons who will be fighting for you.
- You will want to choose dragons that can beat the trolls dominant element. It would also be wise to choose dragons that are the same or a higher level than the troll.
- Once you have selected your dragons, tap the fight button at the bottom of the screen.
- An element icon will appear above the troll. Tap it to bring it to a stop and you will be able to see what element the troll will be attacking with. If you have a dragon that uses an element that can beat them you will want that dragon to fight the troll for that turn.
- There are three elements: fire, water, and earth. Fire beats earth, earth beats water, and water beats fire.
- If you don’t have a dragon that can beat them via element, select a dragon that is a higher level. If that isn’t possible try and select one that will fight with the same element and is the same level. In a tie a battle bonus will be given and you may still win.
- You will fight for three rounds. As long as you win two of the three rounds you will be victorious.
- Once the battle is over, any dragons that fought will need to rest before they can fight again. When you go into battle again you will be able to see how long it will be before they can be used again. You can speed them up by using jewels.
- Also, dragons that are being trained can still fight but they will fight at their current level, not the level they are training for.
Congratulations! You have completed the quick start guide for Tap Dragon Park. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forum comments, and much more here at Gamezebo.